Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Scunthorpe 1

Horwich

Sounds weird but Clough is wasted out when he has a load of space out wide, his main quality is close control in a sea of bodies, but it's a system that's working so no chance of changing it.

Traffic is shite so gone to Maccies for a strawberry milkshake to soothe my throat. Reckon that's the best goal celebration at the Macron since Eagles scored to beat Blackburn.

GET THE FUCK IN!!! So happy. I just knew we were goingbtonscore a second. Lost my voice not celebrated a goal like that ever at The Macron. East Stand Lower erupted. Lad infront of me spilled his drink, had bodies falling over into the next row. Do I feel sorry for those Scunty fans going back up north for 2hr journey after a last min defeat on NYE.... Do I fuck ????

Nice little battle between Spearing and their cunty number 8.

Yeah - he was a little bellend wasn't he? Was it him who got clattered by Beevers? I hope so.

I wouldn't start bumming Scunthorpe - they were alright but we still managed to beat them on what was an off day for us. Feeling very confident about our chances if that's the best this league has to offer.

This season has clear hallmarks of 1996/97 about it.

We were neck and neck with Barnsley at the top up to the festive period, then absolutely steamrollered it in the New Year.

IIRC, from the last 22 games, we took 55 points...........

Can see the same happening this season.....fantastic result today when not at full steam.

Happy New Year ladies and gents.

All good teams need luck and we have certainly had that in last 2 games.

Madine Work horse again did well

Ameobi how fucking frustrating is he!!

Give you that today

Madine getting shit near Meehan he had wank balls chucked at him. Did well today. Totally agree on Ameobi, he had the beating of their man physically and technically. But didn't make the most of it.

Clough and surprisingly Beevers poor for me today; Spearing and Wheater v good and I'm not convinced of the stick given to Thorpe; in a dogged game he battled well. Yes he gave the ball away but sooner that in CM than show ponies we've had there in recent years that "look" better yet we lose.

A note for Alnwick too for me; come a long way since Peterborough away and looks confident generally. Clever diatribution at times; either went for Madine on the left with Vela and Clough to pick up pieces or alternatively when they assumed that he switched it to Ameobi isolated against their FB who was a foot shorter. I assume that was a PP tactic.

Main criticism is that when Madine got a bit of success we went too direct too often and didn't go at them well enough with the group behind, which is when we are most dangerous but overall a great, great win against a dogged if unspectacular side that were very cute and hunted well in packs. Their 33 on Clough is one to watch I reckon

Give you that today

Madine getting shit near Meehan he had wank balls chucked at him. Did well today. Totally agree on Ameobi, he had the beating of their man physically and technically. But didn't make the most of it.

Clough and surprisingly Beevers poor for me today; Spearing and Wheater v good and I'm not convinced of the stick given to Thorpe; in a dogged game he battled well. Yes he gave the ball away but sooner that in CM than show ponies we've had there in recent years that "look" better yet we lose.

A note for Alnwick too for me; come a long way since Peterborough away and looks confident generally. Clever diatribution at times; either went for Madine on the left with Vela and Clough to pick up pieces or alternatively when they assumed that he switched it to Ameobi isolated against their FB who was a foot shorter. I assume that was a PP tactic.

Main criticism is that when Madine got a bit of success we went too direct too often and didn't go at them well enough with the group behind, which is when we are most dangerous but overall a great, great win against a dogged if unspectacular side that were very cute and hunted well in packs. Their 33 on Clough is one to watch I reckon

Anyone in ESL get a good view of number 33's tackle on the touch line in the first half? Looked two footed from NSL but wasn't even a free kick IIRC?