Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Scunthorpe 1

Horwich

• Site Supporter

Cracking win and that's all that matters. Didn't think we did enough to win despite having better chances.

We were not at our best and Scunny were decent but I still feel we have more about us over 46 games than they do. Can see Henry going on and scoring a few now, would start him instead of Clough at Cov. Cloughy looks a bit out of form at the minute, maybe a game or 2 off will perk him up

• Site Supporter

This season has clear hallmarks of 1996/97 about it.

We were neck and neck with Barnsley at the top up to the festive period, then absolutely steamrollered it in the New Year.

IIRC, from the last 22 games, we took 55 points...........

Can see the same happening this season.....fantastic result today when not at full steam.

Happy New Year ladies and gents.

not to put a dampener on things but..

the 96/7 team were head and shoulders above any team in that league and no comparison to today's lot

Delighted. Told the kids it would be their first experience of a top of table hum dinger with a decent atmosphere ... late winner was icing on cake. Two little croaky voices havent stopped talking about all the way back.

Excellent end to the year with more to come.

I really didn't rate today's referee, I thought he thought he was Mark Clattenburg the 2nd. The Scunny manager Graham Alexander, he was also winding me up, he spent fook all time in his technical area, directing his troops from the touchline. 

Nice result though!

Cracking game & result. Scunthorpe were the best team we've played this season, they keep the ball well, were a threat attacking & always dangerous from set pieces ( i'm not surprised they score so many goals ) but i didn't like their "crowding round the referee & bitching" routine.

Their right back had Clough in his pocket, & it might have been worth switching Ameobi & Clough's wings but PP got it right once again with the substitution.

The crowd were great with any boo boys drowned out even when Scunny scored, & the celebrations at the end were splendid.

EIEIEIO

• Site Supporter

GET THE FUCK IN!!! So happy. I just knew we were goingbtonscore a second. Lost my voice not celebrated a goal like that ever at The Macron. East Stand Lower erupted. Lad infront of me spilled his drink, had bodies falling over into the next row. Do I feel sorry for those Scunty fans going back up north for 2hr journey after a last min defeat on NYE.... Do I fuck

Can I ask where you think Scunthorpe is?

Yeah - he was a little bellend wasn't he? Was it him who got clattered by Beevers? I hope so.

I wouldn't start bumming Scunthorpe - they were alright but we still managed to beat them on what was an off day for us. Feeling very confident about our chances if that's the best this league has to offer.

You say "got clattered by Beevers" but did he clatter him by foul means? It looked to me from right in the South corner of WSL to be two players going up for a 50/50 ball. How that knob of a ref decided it was a bookable offence only he knows.

Can I ask where you think Scunthorpe is?

You say "got clattered by Beevers" but did he clatter him by foul means? It looked to me from right in the South corner of WSL to be two players going up for a 50/50 ball. How that knob of a ref decided it was a bookable offence only he knows.

The ball was about 10 yards in the other direction. If it had been a tackle rather than a header - Beevers would have been for an early bath.