Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Scunthorpe 1

Horwich

Decent side Scunthorpe they will be battling it out for promotion with us and Sheffield United I reckon.Decent performance by us it was great to score a late winner not done that for a while.Vela was immense really as improved under PP I agree with a few on here I would rest either Clough or Ameobi for Coventry game and give Henry a game.

Read somewhere ameobi and Henry not signing until their deals expire just in case they get injured seems sensible enough and we'd miss ameobi badly I think his ability to go past players and put the opposition under pressure is second to none in this div

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Top result. They looked really good imo.hopefully it knocks the stuffing out of them for a bit.

I'm still convinced it's 2/3 now and its a mini league. The away games at both are going to be big. Along way to go but I think this is ours to lose.

Vela. Hats off to the man. What a turnaround to his Bolton career. Credit to PP for finding his role and giving him confidence.

That goal celebration????

I was looking forward to this game over Christmas and it was great. They were no mugs and that 12 who scored was very good bar the fuck up for Henry to win it.

How they played in that second half I didn't think we would win it but fucking hell what a buzz when we did. Fucking brilliant.

• Site Supporter

Great that we kept going till the end, when they equalised I thought there's only one winner here we just switched off.

Also it looked more than 17k, really 10 thousand empty seats?

From my seat in WSL I am unable to see how many spaces were in WSU but South stand was only 25% full, ESU less than 50% and NSU about 50%. Lower stands looked fairly bust although I sit in the corner near South Stand and other fans are scarce around that end.

Have to say that the memory that I'll take away from that game is the way that the place went berserk when we scored the winner. It's been far too long

Credit to Scunthorpe. I wondered if they were up there due to a bit of luck but they look a very good team. To beat them was a very good result

From my seat in WSL I am unable to see how many spaces were in WSU but South stand was only 25% full, ESU less than 50% and NSU about 50%. Lower stands looked fairly bust although I sit in the corner near South Stand and other fans are scarce around that end.

NSU looked pretty packed to me? More in there than I've seen in a while.