Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

We Are Not Going Up

Horwich

Maybe too positive yesterday at 1-1

His decisions yesterday lost us the game but if we had got the second and won the game we would all be saying how good his decisions were.

Water under the bridge now just like the other defeats (we let ourselves down in all our defeats)

Lets just hope we get back on track and go on another winning run of games but still feel we need a striker and another ball winning midfield player with a lot of energy (cant see Pratley doing this role after his injury)

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter

Not concerned

1 bad result is not going to suddenly turn us into relegation fodder.

Still think we'll be top 2.

True enough.

Several successive below par performances isn't promotion form either.

Are you genuinely not concerned? Even a little bit?

I'm concerned because some of our squad players don't seem capable and therefore we've got to get more out of the first choice lads- a tough ask.

If we don't go up, the off field issues may get worse.

Tbh I am not too concerned just a blip but I do feel it will be between the top 3 as it stands who goes up automatically and I done agree with posters saying sunny will blow up can't see it TBH they have goal scorers in there team if anything I can see Shett Utd being the team that could blow up .

• Site Supporter

True enough.

I'm concerned because some of our squad players don't seem capable and therefore we've got to get more out of the first choice lads- a tough ask.

It's worth remembering that we're in division 3. All the other teams are pretty shit and fragile with very little squad depth.

For me, I think PP is getting most things right, starting with the defence, so expect the quality we have in Wheater, Spearing and Vela to prove the difference.

Obviously they have to stay fit. But overall I cannot see anything other than promotion.

• Members

True enough.

Win (and that's if) we win our game in hand we are within touching distance

Sheff utd got a result yesterday which if it was us there's a fair few who would be slashing their wrists

There's probably more twists and turns to come bit reckon we'll do top two

It's worth remembering that we're in division 3. All the other teams are pretty shit and fragile with very little squad depth.

For me, I think PP is getting most things right, starting with the defence, so expect the quality we have in Wheater, Spearing and Vela to prove the difference.

Obviously they have to stay fit. But overall I cannot see anything other than promotion.

From the highlights we were terrible in defence for their two goals; both should have been cleared

Hopefully it was a blip and we can push on at Southend

• Site Supporter

Accept all points made above: might be a blip and we've got quality. Point is we've lost a bit of sparkle, both up front and at the back.

We've got a tough away match Saturday and the one in hand is also tough at oxford.

Parky and his team can see this and this is where they'll earn their corn by tweaking things to get us where we need to be.

• 1 month later...

Just had a look at the remaining fixtures

I can see us getting 25points from a possible 45

That would give us 83 points, well in the play offs but touch and go for automatic

I've had a look over the past few seasons and the last team to finish in the top 2 with that figure were Bournemouth in 2013 - not done them any harm since

Be very tight but it makes for a good run in

Edited by birch-chorley