Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham 0-4 Wanderers

Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter

Anyone done anything about travel for this yet? Just booked my train, prices not too bad for a week day either. Down on the 12.15 from Picc, stop overnight home following morning. Only booked the Manc - London bit yet, £86 in 1st class - cattle class is £44. These are return prices

Edited by Biggish Dave

Booked in at the King Edward with the mrs and two mates.

Won summat on Twitter with Virgin 11 months ago for a pair of free return tickets on West Coast Main Line so that's done us as far as London then it's ended up about £12 each for the London-Gillingham leg with our Two Together Railcard. Two lads coming with us have used our discount for their Manc-London leg so cost them about £42 overall for trains I think which isn't bad at all given the distance.

• Site Supporter

St Panchas 17.25 gets into Gillingham at 18.06

Return 22.20 gets back into St Panchas at 23.06

Not sure how long it takes from ground to station - googled it its 11mins walk

Are you staying over in London Biggish?

Yeah, gonna book into premier inn or similar at Euston then it's easy to get away Wednesday morning

Booked in at the King Edward with the mrs and two mates.

Won summat on Twitter with Virgin 11 months ago for a pair of free return tickets on West Coast Main Line so that's done us as far as London then it's ended up about £12 each for the London-Gillingham leg with our Two Together Railcard. Two lads coming with us have used our discount for their Manc-London leg so cost them about £42 overall for trains I think which isn't bad at all given the distance.

Is it worth me getting this two together before Gillingham? What does it save you?

Went to Oxford in summer for a night out and was surprised to find it was a bit shit really, probably better during Uni semesters like, but just couldn't seem to find an area with a lot going on.

£££ and work annual leave is going to stop me from going to at least one of these midweekers

• Site Supporter

Went to Oxford in summer for a night out and was surprised to find it was a bit shit really, probably better during Uni semesters like, but just couldn't seem to find an area with a lot going on.

£££ and work annual leave is going to stop me from going to at least one of these midweekers

a long way for a night out.

Went once years ago- found a pub with more whiskies in it than I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...