Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hunting Cats (In The Home)

madthatter

I've had a little ginger tom cat for about 18 months now.  First cat I've ever had as a pet (well I looked after a friend's once for a bit).  Over the summer he brought in some massive moths, butterflies and about 4 quite large frogs (that make a right din when scared!) and a few little birds - one without a head!

I'm on the couch with man flu and the little beast is flapping all over the show with what looks like a soon to be dead starling or whatever

Is this normal behaviour?  I thought only the females hunted?

I'm impressed tbh but there's feathers and, what I assume is blood, all over the gaff . . .

Edited by madthatter

Cats are cunts.

You deserve everything you get to be honest.

ha ha :) I was always a dog person but just can't really look after one properly at present.  The cat was my Mrs choice - very possibly a substitute bairn acquired not too long before she got pregnant  . . . 

He's grown on me tbf.  Even sits at my feet at night like a faithful hound :) 

Put a bell on his collar & see if that works. Mr EG has a female ginger cat who only catches mice that are in the house (whether she brings them in is debatable, current thinking is not as the previous owners left rat poison under the stairs) and has never been known to catch anything else.

We had a cat that once brought in a mini sausage roll and started tormenting it in the living room. Poor thing thought he captured a mouse.

ha ha :)  Mine does the same with rolled up post it notes!  When he was still a kitten at xmas last year we discovered he liked eating the meat of left over bones - like a dog.  He properly stripped em!

Anyways, mrs had gone to bed and I was on the couch and I'd left nearly a full turkey leg by his food bowl.  For about an hour I could hear little scratchy noises and eventually my curiosity got the better of me so I got up and the little fella had dragged the drumstick, which was about half his body size, practically into the front room!

My feeling was it was meant to be an offering for me :)  Bless!

I have thought about using a bell collar but he clearly hates wearing the thing and I think its a bit snide.  fook the birds etc ;) 

Have you had his nuts nipped? If not, it might calm him down a bit.

To be honest you should have him done anyway

Oh aye, he was snipped early doors.

It's more like a vasectomy than a full castration though isn't it?  I mean, I'm not sure if affects their testosterone levels more just their ability to father? 

Edited by madthatter

• Site Supporter

Never fully trust cats. They own you and can be friendly and cuntish pretty much at the same time.

A neighbour has loads and the always scrapping and screaming; usually at night when trying to get to sleep.

Either that or shitting on my soil- really annoying when trying to harvest a bit of veg.

Our tiny female cat is a right fecker for this. Had a fully grown blackbird let loose in house after she dragged it through cat flap needing new set of vertical blinds and a seagull dragged from field out back into garden to be disembowelled.

The Tomcat who is massive catches feck all

Edited by green genie

I always hated cats until my next door neighbours got one (now 3).  One of them always climbed into the house through an open window and curled up on the sofa.  I've grown really fond of her over the years.  However, were I to get a cat and they brought me a bird/mouse/frog, I'd kick the cat up the arse and make sure they never did it again.

Get a bell for the collar.  Cruel innit.

One of our 'lodgers' is a tom cat (left behind when the lad moved out). He brings loads of mice back as presents, scares Mrs Dee to death if he manages to get a live one into the house to play with.

Noticed a massive pile of pigeon feathers in the garden last week so he's obviously upped his game from sparrows.

I never really liked cats, and they do what they want, but think I've been turned as the dogs (other 2 'lodgers' left behind when kids moved out) take a lot more looking after.

Mrs Dee did get rather emotional last night when it was snowing and he hadn't come back for over 24 hrs but this morning he came strolling in as if nowt had happened.

EDIT: The reason the cats like BCG's house is she always has the heating on so it's nice and toasty!

Edited by Andydee

• Site Supporter

We have a dog and a cat (was two cats but one disappeared just before Christmas) and they each have their pros and cons.

The male cat is very affectionate but the girl was very aloof yet brought home a present nearly every morning. The dog is very cool but takes a lot of looking after and needs attention and walks.

Talking of cats.....

About thirty years ago, my parents were having new windows fitted and we thought the house was haunted due to a bizarre incident.

My uncle fitting the windows, put putty in the frames, went to the van for the glass, came back, slotted the glass in the frame but the pane came crashing onto my folks living room floor.......all the putty had gone.....

Uncle goes for more glass, comes back, puts the putty in the frame, goes for the glass from the van, slots it in the frame and the same thing happens.....crash bang wallop.....glass all over the show again....all the putty had gone....

Uncle blames me saying I'm taking the piss, but I was watching The Hit Man and Her on VHS.

Anyway, Uncle goes to the glazers for more glass......comes back, repeats the procedure....putty in the frame, goes to van for the glass, then slots it in the frame, and once again it came crashing to the floor......all the putty had gone....

He had a serious go at me thinking I was taking the piss out of him big time......So, Uncle goes to the glazers again for a fresh pane, comes back with it, but this time he has a master plan.......

He puts the putty in the frame, but before going to the van for the new pane, he orders me to hide behind the sofa with him to see what happens......

Lo and behold, a neighbour's cat appeared from under the hi-fi unit and eats all the fucking putty..........

Weird bastard, what sort of cat eats bloody putty ?

We heard it was a PUTTY cat............

Edited by miamiwhite