Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Milan

aidybwfc

Usual advice please looking at going in march and maybe watching a inter game while there. Grazie

5/3 AC v Chievo

12/3 Inter v Atalanta

19/3 AC v Genoa

26/3 international weekend.

I've only changed plane at the airport, but my son, in his previous job, visited Milan for several days most weeks for 2 years or so. And he watched Inter v Rubin Kazan (I think it was) in a Europa League match.

Never been but will want to go at least once

If your thinking twice following the lukewarm feedback on here then I'd suggest having a look at Florence

We went for a few nights in June, superb city! Great food, beautiful place, easy to walk about everywhere

I will certainly be going back

Edited by birch-chorley

Never been but will want to go at least once

If your thinking twice following the lukewarm feedback on here then I'd suggest having a look at Florence

We went for a few nights in June, superb city! Great food, beautiful place, easy to walk about everywhere

I will certainly be going back

Glad to read this! Going in March/April, swapping Chesterfield at home for Fiorentina v Bologna.

And a shit load of gnocchi.

• Site Supporter

Florentine steak is a must do

Huge T bone served rare and sliced at the table

Sublime!!

It's about the finest dish on earth.

Served with a decent Chianti in the company of noisy Italians.

You lot would rather have lobby so we're wasting our time here Birch

• Members

Due to the location of my company's HQ, I have been to Milan a few times. Our English (DMB) international sales director has season tickets for the rossoneri and has taken me along to a few games when I have been over there.

Milan always strikes me as the graffiti capital of Europe. Grey, dull place - as others have said, a shit Manchester.

I had a mate over there who used to live in the UK and was a mad Inter fan (now passed away, RIP Livio).  He became the head chef in the restaurant at La Scala and that was pretty spectacular (apart from the price list). Other that that, I would be struggling to recommend anything in Milan.

• Site Supporter

I've never been to Milan other than to change train so can't comment but have been to Florence - I wasn't impressed at all with it. Full of students and museums which I don't like either of.

If I was doing a city break in Italy Rome would be my choice every time. Been 3 times and still see different things every time I go. Done all the tourist stuff now so time to investigate other areas. That said, I actually prefer the idea of Italy more than the country itself which I find a bit over-rated in the cities. The lakes is a different story