Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lancashire C C C

miamiwhite

• 6 months later...
On 27/09/2018 at 21:12, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I see Allott has commented on Hameed's lack of performance.

I'm not sure he'll be playing first team cricket for much longer if he doesn't improve early doors next season.

Lovely century today, the kids on fire.......always said that Hameed was a class act :D

Saves his best knock today for the home of cricket.

Tried to back him to be the division leading run scorer yesterday with Sky’s requestabet. They’ve still not given me a price. He’s got a point to prove, playing a division down and won’t get an ashes call up regardless of how many he scores. 

I hope he scores a boatload. Nice lad and his ability and dedication will come through. 

16 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Lovely century today, the kids on fire.......always said that Hameed was a class act :D

Saves his best knock today for the home of cricket.

Went to Lords for the first day of this. Lots of young players coming through the ranks at Lancashire just now - and the Bolton influence is strong. I was sad young Matt Parkinson wasn't selected but the other Boltonians - Bohannon and Hameed are playing. 

5 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Great start for Lancs with a 7 wicket win over Middlesex

Cracking win Pete.

Great reverse psychology from Hameed too.....makes the entire world think he’s shit last season to avoid selection for the Ashes, then smashes them everywhere this season.

I love the diversity in Bolton :D

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Cracking win Pete.

Great reverse psychology from Hameed too.....makes the entire world think he’s shit last season to avoid selection for the Ashes, then smashes them everywhere this season.

I love the diversity in Bolton :D

Let's hope he can finally fulfill his obvious potential

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Let's hope he can finally fulfill his obvious potential

Hope so Pete. Our batting line up this season looks pretty decent.

Maxwell was a top signing, but he’s took more wickets than he’s got runs so far :D

With him, Buttler and Livingstone....crikey, the T20 side looks like It’s a Knockout time...

On 14/04/2019 at 22:55, miamiwhite said:

Hope so Pete. Our batting line up this season looks pretty decent.

Maxwell was a top signing, but he’s took more wickets than he’s got runs so far :D

With him, Buttler and Livingstone....crikey, the T20 side looks like It’s a Knockout time...

This lad Rob Jones looks solid as well. Knew nothing about him until seeing him in action the other day. It's about time Lancashire produced some good middle order batsmen.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

This lad Rob Jones looks solid as well. Knew nothing about him until seeing him in action the other day. It's about time Lancashire produced some good middle order batsmen.

Very true Paul, our middle order has been our millstone for many years,

Crack that and we’ll do really well.

Is it Sunday when we play Yorkshire at Headingley in the one day Cup ?

Warm weather, Easter Weekend, payday,many beverages imbibed....what could go wrong when our lot let fly :D

7 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Very true Paul, our middle order has been our millstone for many years,

Crack that and we’ll do really well.

Is it Sunday when we play Yorkshire at Headingley in the one day Cup ?

Warm weather, Easter Weekend, payday,many beverages imbibed....what could go wrong when our lot let fly :D

Because of where I live the two games I've got my eye on are Championship v Gloucs on May 27 and Worcs on June 10. Not sure how much longer the Championship has got left - at least in its current recognisable format. I'm an old fashioned tw*t with the cricket! 

14 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Because of where I live the two games I've got my eye on are Championship v Gloucs on May 27 and Worcs on June 10. Not sure how much longer the Championship has got left - at least in its current recognisable format. I'm an old fashioned tw*t with the cricket! 

Championship will outlast us, Paul