Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Utd 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

• Site Supporter

Only 1 hour from St Pancras and the grounds 15 minute walk max

One hour from St Pancras? Fucking hell, Manchester is only two hours (and a bit) from Euston. An hour from St Pancras could be best part of a hundred miles.

• Members

Fuck me ill be glad when this match is done with.

With this and Bradford we've seen the biggest game of who's the bigger club / attendance / away following wankathon tennis that twitter has ever seen.

Who gives a fuck.

Precisely. What competition for crowds do they have around them? Rotherham, Barnsley and Wednesday. Like choosing between syphilis, haemorrhoids and gout.

Scunthorpe United who aren't promotion chasing? Mindblowing.

Scunthorpe's last home league attendance was 3,168

They give more tickets to that than a  promotion chasing Bolton Wanderers?

Someone should show them a video of Rotherham 90/91 of what Bolton take to South Yorkshire when chasing promotion from Div 3

• Moderators

I'm thinking people in Sheffield are not the best planners of football matches in the world

Lets give promotion chasing Bolton Wanderers less tickets than Scunthorpe United?

Barmy

Tbh I'd say it's the other way round

"Are you going to sell all the lower tier?"

"No"

"Ok then we will have those tickets back"

How many did scunthorpe sell?

Just under 3,000 Scunthorpe were at Sheffield apparantly

Yes, they had the top tier and then got another 1,000 downstairs.

Which then shows the lower tier can be segregated. There might well be a chance of some late tickets then or POTD

• Moderators

Yes, they had the top tier and then got another 1,000 downstairs.

Which then shows the lower tier can be segregated. There might well be a chance of some late tickets then or POTD

I doubt it was segregated for that game, don't think they ever do that with the lower tier there (it's just one open area downstairs if memory serves)

more likely they realised they had the demand to sell more lower tier than scunthorpe did so after that game decided if we weren't going to pay for all the tickets they'd have them back - I reckon, as you say, it was probably as much a surprise to our ticket office as it was to us fans

• Moderators

I doubt it was segregated for that game, don't think they ever do that with the lower tier there (it's just one open area downstairs if memory serves)

more likely they realised they had the demand to sell more lower tier than scunthorpe did so after that game decided if we weren't going to pay for all the tickets they'd have them back - I reckon, as you say, it was probably as much a surprise to our ticket office as it was to us fans

be nice, in the new open era, if ken told us the story

• Site Supporter

I don't really believe what the players/management say about taking 1 game at a time. We've all been waiting for this game for weeks - both sets of players/fans etc.

It's a bit churlish the way they have done it but 2200 for a division 3 team is still a reasonable amount of tickets. A shame really, I don't think we'd have taken full allocation but could easily have seen 3500+ going over

• Moderators

Scunthorpe's last home league attendance was 3,168

They give more tickets to that than a promotion chasing Bolton Wanderers?

Someone should show them a video of Rotherham 90/91 of what Bolton take to South Yorkshire when chasing promotion from Div 3

Yes, that's exaclty how it works; how many did they take to Rotherham 26 years ago! Mindblowing.

Yes, that's exaclty how it works; how many did they take to Rotherham 26 years ago! Mindblowing.

Was that the Tony Cunningham 2-2 one??

Think that's one my earliest Bolton memories. Remember

Being plonked on a big yellow gate in the corner. Bolton fans to the left behind the goal and all round the corner.

• Moderators

Was that the Tony Cunningham 2-2 one??

Think that's one my earliest Bolton memories. Remember

Being plonked on a big yellow gate in the corner. Bolton fans to the left behind the goal and all round the corner.

Yes, I went on the train at the last minute and we got legged from the station by Sheff Utd fans. All I can remember is the bog (singular) being smaller than our shed and when you came out it was pwoper naughty in the alley.

Yes, I went on the train at the last minute and we got legged from the station by Sheff Utd fans. All I can remember is the bog (singular) being smaller than our shed and when you came out it was pwoper naughty in the alley.

Didn't sheff united make a return visit when they played Blackburn or summet a few weeks later and smashed up the Albion?

• Members

BOLTON TICEKT UPDATE 1: Tickets for the Hualing South Stand have now SOLD OUT, Westfield Stand seats selling quickly #twitterblades

BOLTON TICKET UPDATE 2: Plenty left in Kennedys Kop, Duchy Homes Fam Enc and Redbrik Lower Tier. Fans advised to buy early #twitterblades

Edited by burnden