Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood 2-4 Wanderers

burnden

Excellent day . There was no dramas regarding the rail / buzz replacement services. (Ta for your concerns MikeyD.)

The Dog,Son of Dart and myself

arrived at The Poulton Elk at 09.35.

Excellent Spoons breakfast washed down with Blonde Witch.

Talking of Blondes , Kelly the shift manager was worth the early morning start.

There was also a smattering of horsey types present , complete with thigh hugging johpers.But all knocked into a cocked hat by a Russian model.The Dog was smitten.

Eventually after being led off intinery by Sweden Al, the 2nd wave arrived from The Bull.We settled down to watch a couple of home movies on Dogs Phone. No wonder his last device just froze up, NSFW virus overload.

Brisk walk over to Thatched House, which was busy with Wanderers Fans .

Wave 3 arrived in the form of Ashburner Street who had been trading his misses in for a car in Chorley(or something like that)

Talking of cars ,Pinocheo's Dad is at bit miffed with the negative views regarding Porsche's on this site.

Taxi's summond arrive at ground still needing 1 ticket.Pulled the old carer and dayout routine outside the turnstiles.Result !!! 2 in on 1 ticket.

Brilliant atmosphere , absolute tosser of a steward (no 65).Got a good position pitchside right behind the goal.

As everyone knows who was there ,proper blood and thunder old style football match,enjoyed every second.

Pratley made a massive differance.

Ran into a few of here including Little Whitt ,Bl2 and his mate .

After the match went to The Strawberry.

Then Taxi's back to The Elk.

Still buzzing as was every wanderers fan i met.

Departed Poulton at 8.15.

Good chat with Brightmet Jimmey on the buzz.

Back home with a chinky under me arm at 9.30.

See you all at Shrewsbury . Off on me jollies till then.

Edited by embankment

Days like that make it all worth while.

All the same faces I saw at Plovdiv, Spurs , Ipswich etc. We have a special band of lads you can guarantee on seeing on days like that. Bolton is in the blood.

Ace to have a good 40 lads in my local too.

As for the game I thought Gary Madine worked his bollocks off. There was a different ora yesterday. They were bang up for it. Every single one of em.

Belting day. Loved every minute of it. On my actual birthday too haha

All the same faces I saw at Plovdiv, Spurs , Ipswich etc. We have a special band of lads you can guarantee on seeing on days like that. Bolton is in the blood.

As for the game I thought Gary Madine worked his bollocks off. There was a different ora yesterday. They were bang up for it. Every single one of em.

I was saying on the way home that there were a lot of proper old faces out yesterday. And very few yoof

I got one of the last stand tickets from the batch released on the Friday morning but my seat was slap bang in the middle of the stand, work that one out.

Also the Captain Pugwash music they played when they scored seemed to last longer than an episode of Captain Pugwash.

Happy Birthday, I would have bought you a soft drink in the ground, had I known

Rita-Ora-Lui.jpg?fit=1038%2C576&resize=3

Why ever would you want a different one?

Cracking day out, arrived at 1.30 straight into hospitality, had our orders from the staff no over exuberant celebrations if we score, Oldham spoils it for the rest of us.

Anyroad, nice food, nice little set up to be fair, seat right next to the Chairmans box.

We score and we jump up, more in shock really, then again, up we go, forgetting our earlier orders, to be fair no one ejected.

They score and fuck me, the Chairmans entourage giving it proper large, 50 year old blokes in Stone Island, right you cunts game on.

Next two go in, a couple of cheeky winks, and they are far from happy, fuck em.

All passed off quietly, but the chairman had his head in his hands at the end.

Magnificent from 1-11, we should be pissing this league with that type of performance.

• Site Supporter

Cracking day out, arrived at 1.30 straight into hospitality, had our orders from the staff no over exuberant celebrations if we score, Oldham spoils it for the rest of us.

Anyroad, nice food, nice little set up to be fair, seat right next to the Chairmans box.

We score and we jump up, more in shock really, then again, up we go, forgetting our earlier orders, to be fair no one ejected.

They score and fuck me, the Chairmans entourage giving it proper large, 50 year old blokes in Stone Island, right you cunts game on.

Next two go in, a couple of cheeky winks, and they are far from happy, fuck em.

All passed off quietly, but the chairman had his head in his hands at the end.

Magnificent from 1-11, we should be pissing this league with that type of performance.

If we carry on in the same vain still might do.

Bar's been set- win at Gillingham and will start to believe again.

• Moderators

I got one of the last stand tickets from the batch released on the Friday morning but my seat was slap bang in the middle of the stand, work that one out.

Also the Captain Pugwash music they played when they scored seemed to last longer than an episode of Captain Pugwash.

Aye, saw you on the photos without your twin

Aye, saw you on the photos without your twin

He was on the terrace, I am a big fan of sitting down generally so was in the seats.

2 of Embankment's lot are on the photo with a fat lad in a VJ CO t-shirt, I think one of them is Ashburner Street Market Fish Stall Face guy.

• Members

One of those games we all wish we could have been at. Proper day out by the sounds of it.

Reckon this result will give the team a hell of a boost and we'll go on a good run now. Still believe we will go up automatically.