Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Restaurant Recommendations

kent_white

4 minutes ago, jeep said:

I've been twice.....

What I really want to know is it any good? I suppose you went back, so I can assume it's ok. But you didn't go back again, so i could also assume it's rubbish.

Anyway, I'll be going so I'll find out mysen

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Underpants said:

Royal Balti House, Farnworth. Good chance I'll be going this weekend. Anyone been?

Apparently it’s award winning. I think it’s won the Bolton News restaurant of the year a couple of times.

On 01/03/2023 at 14:47, globaldiver said:

It’s on the list. £40 for fish and chips, though?!

Got mates in Wiswell. (Wizzle)

LOL. When I have more time remind me to recall my Rick Stein anecdote.

40 notes for fish , spuds and flour, LOL

I must tell this to my mate from Brixham trawler, lol

On 02/03/2023 at 20:53, jeep said:

I've been twice.....

On 03/03/2023 at 02:18, Traf said:

Absolute shite.

If you're going to Farnworth for curry, get to Thira.

On 02/03/2023 at 23:26, MickyD said:

Apparently it’s award winning. I think it’s won the Bolton News restaurant of the year a couple of times.

On 02/03/2023 at 22:13, BobyBrno said:

Going for a curry in Surry Hills tonight, I know it’s a bit far for folk but I’ll report back😊

Royal Balti House is brilliant by the way. Chicken Tika Shashlik is my favourite👍

Went to the Balti House last night. Can't say I was overly impressed. I had a Nepalese lamb masala. That was actually quite nice. But the portions of meat that accompanied both our meals weren't in the numbers you would expect. We got rice and chips to split between us. Chips were awful. Truly awful. Couldn't call them chips. They were just round chunks of potato that were fried.

Don't think there will be a second visit coming anytime soon.

19 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Went to the Balti House last night. Can't say I was overly impressed. I had a Nepalese lamb masala. That was actually quite nice. But the portions of meat that accompanied both our meals weren't in the numbers you would expect. We got rice and chips to split between us. Chips were awful. Truly awful. Couldn't call them chips. They were just round chunks of potato that were fried.

Fair enough. Never had chips in there or any other Indian. I’d try Thira next. 👍

13 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Fair enough. Never had chips in there or any other Indian. I’d try Thira next. 👍

Don't judge me on the chips 😁

The thing with curry houses is that I find them all very much the same. I actually found the Leena Tandoori in town very good considering they had to deal with Bolton's finest piss-heads every weekend. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Underpants said:

The fact you ordered chips in a curry house says to me you got all you deserved

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Underpants said:

I didn't. 

You already said you got rice and chips between you so if you ordered the rice and she ordered the chips with an agreement to share,  you kind of did. 

Chips in an Indian deserve to be shit.