Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keep The Faith

embankment

• Site Supporter

We won't so nothing to worry about.

Fuck me, we don't half have a fair proportion of hand wringers.

We are already up as far as I am concerned. Can see no other conclusion.

Oh to have the confidence of you two. Having seen our attempts recently, trying to beat a couple of teams trying to avoid relegation; Chesterfield and Oldham, I'm not convinced our players feel as strongly about getting out of this division upwards as the other teams' players feel about leaving it downwards.

Oh to have the confidence of you two. Having seen our attempts recently, trying to beat a couple of teams trying to avoid relegation; Chesterfield and Oldham, I'm not convinced our players feel as strongly about getting out of this division upwards as the other teams' players feel about leaving it downwards.

I agree with happy and Bolty. We are up

• Site Supporter

Not being funny but bury vale and Peterborough with 2 wins max required we would have snapped folks hands off. We are the 2nd best side In this division by a mile and we will prevail.

players on paper.

we have been played off the park on several occasions this season , and have luckily won.

we have been played off the park and have drawn and also been beaten.

we don't play good football and have been sused out.

• Site Supporter

And while im at it, good football is when you win

You moan like fcuk if we pass it and you moan like fcuk if we hoof it

right pass to the right player fine, no need to pass it side ways 10 times , then when nothing is on , because the other team has marked our players , just hoof it.

• Members

we have been outplayed loads of times, only the fact that other teams inability to score have saved us from being beat.

You must have terrible scar tissue around your wrists. FFS, this is a season to be enjoyed. We have the best defence in the division, almost guaranteed automatic promotion and Bastard Rovers, Wigan Pathetic and that shower of shit down the road with the death connotations (bury, cemetery end) all looking like feeble relegation fodder heading towards ignominy.

We have beaten the division champions twice, produced some excellent away wins (Fleetwood, Oxford, Gillingham, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers to name a few) and you still aren't satisfied. "Other teams inability to score" should be taken for what it is. Excellence (for this division) from Wheater, Beevers and the pair of keepers who have both played well.

• Site Supporter

You've not watched the keepers this season have you? They both play fairly well and then have a calamity.

Howard, on Saturday kicked it into touch accoutrements 4 or 5 successive goal kicks. I thought he was playing rugby union.

Edited by MickyD

• Members

You've not watched the keepers this season have you? They both play fairly well and then have a calamity.

Howard, on Saturday kicked it into touch accoutrements 4 or 5 successive goal kicks. I thought he was playing rugby union.

Surprisingly, I have seen a good number of complete games broadcast on Bein and all of the major incidents on Beins "EFL Show".

The one point I was questioning keepers was when Alnwick replaced Howard at Peterborough. Other than that, I think they have stood up pretty well and the goals against column backs that up. Kicking it into touch, whilst annoying in terms of giving away possession is not one tenth as important as keeping the ball out of the net.

You're a fire man. I would expect nothing other than alarms going off in your head.

I am an engineer. I have taken the measurements, completed the mathematics and arrived at the conclusion that, not only will we win tonight but that we will be automatically promoted - almost certainly clinching the deal in the salubrious surroundings of Burslem..

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter

Surprisingly, I have seen a good number of complete games broadcast on Bein and all of the major incidents on Beins "EFL Show".

The one point I was questioning keepers was when Alnwick replaced Howard at Peterborough. Other than that, I think they have stood up pretty well and the goals against column backs that up. Kicking it into touch, whilst annoying in terms of giving away possession is not one tenth as important as keeping the ball out of the net.

You're a fire man. I would expect nothing other than alarms going off in your head.

I am an engineer. I have taken the measurements, completed the mathematics and arrived at the conclusion that, not only will we win tonight but that we will be automatically promoted - almost certainly clinching the deal in the salubrious surroundings of Burslem..

I do hope you're right- cacking it already.

• Site Supporter

Not been the best but we don't half have a habit of losing when expected to win against proper shit teams. They'll be our downfall, the inability to play better to try to go up than the opponents trying to avoid going down

• Members

There will be no downfall.

The power of positive thinking.

We are going up.

I have even put my money where my mouth is regarding tonight's game . Rolled the returns from a Juventus x Monaco double at the weekend into Brighton last night and now the lot has gone on us at 1.57.

Edited by bolty58

We have been one of the better teams, from a shit load of bad teams.

Bad league

Wont give a flying if we go up though.

If you were a Leicester fan would you want to give back the Premier League title as it was a shit year when 'big' clubs under-performed?

Not been the best but we don't half have a habit of losing when expected to win against proper shit teams. They'll be our downfall, the inability to play better to try to go up than the opponents trying to avoid going down

Always tough against struggling sides this end of the season.  Look how many unexpected wins we got in Prem years towards the end of a cack campaign.

Teams that have struggled for whatever reason seem to galvanise that bit more.  Added to us being many a teams cup final . . .

Always thought the last 4 games (bar Peterborough) looked tough.  But we'll be promoted by the last game, by hook or crook :) 

There will be no downfall.

The power of positive thinking.

We are going up.

I have even put my money where my mouth is regarding tonight's game . Rolled the returns from a Juventus x Monaco double at the weekend into Brighton last night and now the lot has gone on us at 1.57.

I love you bolty!!