Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Madine

Rizlar

People always claim to know the inside truth during situations like this and we would all do well to ignore all the "my insider mate says... " stories.

One thing is for sure if we could play all the games again where Madine was not available, with him in the team, we would have "walked this league" and been 5-10 points ahead of Sheffield United!

The facts are, for whatever reason, we have not won a game without him and with him we rarely don't win.

He is not a goal machine in anybody's definition but HE IS THE MOST VITAL cog in the Bolton Wanderers wheel this season and if he is being a bit soft or sulking or refusing to play then we should apologise, beg him and tell him he's Maradona because we need to start winning again NOW!!! ... and we don't win without him ... check the stats folks

Over the years this tripe has been wheeled out against several players who had their critics & it's the same as the horseshit that always gets put out about unpopular managers that.."I've heard that the players were squaring up to the manager in the dressing room & they have no respect for him "...amazingly always heard by someone who opposes the manager in question !!

As said, Madine's performance at Southend was as good as any by a Bolton player this season & he tried to continue when clearly injured, which makes this story pretty unbelievable.

It's not tripe if the manager alludes to it in and interview. Folk are probably reading too much in to it but a lot of itk info has some come from highly credible sources who'd have no reason to stir shit.

I have no doubt Madine could've played last night if he really wanted to.

Maybe he's got one eye on the summer who knows.

Fact of the matter is he needs to be back in the team for us to gain promotion. Be a hero Gary, for once in your life.

Please. We will all love you forever.

it'll be a cortisone injection into the joint/ligament

extremely painful and no guarantee of success

I've had a few of them and every time they say 'oh you'll be fine'.

2 in my ankle and one in my foot - off my feet for at least 3 days every time.  usually worst a day or two after

Edited by madthatter

People always claim to know the inside truth during situations like this and we would all do well to ignore all the "my insider mate says... " stories.

One thing is for sure if we could play all the games again where Madine was not available, with him in the team, we would have "walked this league" and been 5-10 points ahead of Sheffield United!

The facts are, for whatever reason, we have not won a game without him and with him we rarely don't win.

He is not a goal machine in anybody's definition but HE IS THE MOST VITAL cog in the Bolton Wanderers wheel this season and if he is being a bit soft or sulking or refusing to play then we should apologise, beg him and tell him he's Maradona because we need to start winning again NOW!!! ... and we don't win without him ... check the stats folks

but if the Manager knows he is out for games

You have a Plan B

and work day in day out on the Training pitch all fucking week

not o Shit what do we do now

its not like he is fucking GAZZA

Just floundering for an explanation on this as its giving me a haddock.I wish they'd just let minnow. I

f I'm herring right and he's out and depending on the scale we will have to fillet. It's not like a pulled mussel but something dolphinatley needs to be done.

You have a Plan B

I agree with that yes and we could discuss whether or not the things we have tried in his absence have been wrong/the same/all we could do...

... but ultimately my point is that the manager wants him to play through the pain barrier because the time is up to try different things... We can't afford to not score or lose as we have been... we need tried n tested... we need what got us to the top of the league.

but if the Manager knows he is out for games

You have a Plan B

its not like he is fucking GAZZA

Plan B is five 0-0s and practising penalties for 2 hours every day.

It's not tripe if the manager alludes to it in and interview. Folk are probably reading too much in to it but a lot of itk info has some come from highly credible sources who'd have no reason to stir shit.

I have no doubt Madine could've played last night if he really wanted to.

Maybe he's got one eye on the summer who knows.

Fact of the matter is he needs to be back in the team for us to gain promotion. Be a hero Gary, for once in your life.

Please. We will all love you forever.

he just doesn't seem to want to do anything other than look after himself. saying that nobody wants to be off work and injured do they. 

i want to like the guy i really do but i am struggling (i am aware he won't give a fuck)