Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Parky has earned the right to have a good crack next season. I too have some doubts, but he's ducked and dived well this season, and we'll probably need to do so again so keep him.

The comments from some of the players suggests he's a good man manager/motivator, and to get rid would be counterproductive.

Parky has earned the right to have a good crack next season. I too have some doubts, but he's ducked and dived well this season, and we'll probably need to do so again so keep him.

The comments from some of the players suggests he's a good man manager/motivator, and to get rid would be counterproductive.

Indeed. 

By that previous argument we should have sacked Allardyce when he got us up, for someone with top flight experience.....we have a good manager at last, can't we just let him get on with it?

Or Burnley should have sacked Sean Dyche.

Surprised Parky not coming up to scratch is even mentioned.

Think that we will try to keep most of the current first team.

Big lad up front e.g. Taylor from Wimbledon is the most likely addition.

Can't see us selling Amos or Wilkinson.

Hope that we can keep a few of David Lee's Under 23s including Lavelle, Perry and King. Both Turner and young Will are pretty decent prospects in goal.

• Site Supporter

Fucking hell, some of the posts are almost moon-man like..

Two days after our best season in fuck knows how long ends and we're talking change of Manager, players.

To be honest, im just glad its over, the stress of the last few weeks was fucking killing me.

KA seems to have this in hand, we needed to get up so he can move his plan along, fuck off Blue-Waffle, hopefully bring in some investment and let him, LA, and PP sort the team/signings.

Happy Summer folks...

In Contract:

Mark Howard

Ben Amos

Ben Alnwick

Josh Vela

Derik Osede

Connor Wilkinson

Mark Beevers

Chris Taylor

Jamie Proctor

Darren Pratley

Contracts Expiring:

Lewis Buxton

Dean Moxey

Dorian Dervite

Jay Spearing

Jem Karacan

Gary Madine

Mark Davies

Liam Trotter

Max Clayton

Filipe Morais

Lawrie Wilson

Reece Wabara

David Wheater

Tom Walker

Loans Expiring

Viv Solomon-Otabor

Chris Long

James Henry

Tom Thorpe

Adam Le Fondre

Andy Taylor

Bold ones are my retainees... and I think if we were to start day 1 of the championship with Sunday's starting XI I wouldnt be overly disappointed. More than enough quality to compete...

Ameobi would be on my shopping list, and a cheeky loan move for Holding (& Clough if forest drop)

Edited by HoldensHairdo

• Moderators

Best news of summer will be coming out of the embargo.

to be fair

it doesn't seem to have held us back in terms of signings:

Alnwick
Howard
Buxton
Beevers
Taylor
Wabara
Karacan
Otabor
Morais
Henry
Thorpe
Long
ALF
Taylor
Proctor
Ameobi
Anderson

and given we couldn't pay wages some months and had the boardroom stand off, even without an embargo, would we have spent any money on fees, particulary when we've got 2 agents running the club?

Best news of summer will be coming out of the embargo.

I'd be delighted if the embargo stayed in place.

We seem to be able to sign who we want, when we want, but within a numbers policy.

25 limit, one in one out I believe?

Our squad is already huge as it is. And that's under an embargo.

Of the out of contract players I'd definitely love us to keep Wheater, Andrew Taylor, and Morais. 

As cruel as it sounds I'm much less bothered about Spearing and Madine. They have been great this season but ... Madine doesn't strike me as Championship standard at all and I think we could get better than Spearing for the money he's likely to want. Fair play to the lad if he takes a big drop in salary. 

I hope we get Jem Karacan as well. Very, very impressed. Exudes Championship quality.