Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

He doesn't play! Why would he take a pay as you play deal? Would you if you were him?

More than I'd take the obscurity of being a free agent with an injury record. Do you honestly think anyone is going to take him given his recent health record?

Thing is, if he's fit he plays. If he plays, he gets paid.

If he doesn't take the deal, that's his issue. I'm just saying what I would offer him if I were in charge.

You're both right but first of all of that is the best offer I'd question why we are offering it. He played 5 games this season. He would get 5 weeks pay on this much fangled pay as you play deal (do these even exist? I'd assume some basic would have to be given

You're both right but first of all of that is the best offer I'd question why we are offering it. He played 5 games this season. He would get 5 weeks pay on this much fangled pay as you play deal (do these even exist? I'd assume some basic would have to be given

Well clearly the fact that he's not on the list of released players means that they are trying to work something out.

Well clearly the fact that he's not on the list of released players means that they are trying to work something out.

Does it? Or they have just not got round to formally telling him to do one or he wants to stay? Genuine question as I don't know

Does it? Or they have just not got round to formally telling him to do one or he wants to stay? Genuine question as I don't know

Well the rest aren't out of contract for another 6-7 weeks, and they've not hesitated in telling them to move on. Wilkinson has another year left on his, and he's been told to find somewhere else to play.

I'd say that it does.

Can we get rid off Davies if we wanted to?

Don't we have to get him fit first? Sure there's some bullshit rule.

Not sure if it's a rule, a contractual thing or possibly even a PFA thing but I'm fairly certain we have a responsibility to get him fit before we can get rid

Whoever comes in for Mark Davies its going to be shite money if anything at all with his track record

In which case, why bother moving your family (unless you can't wait to move on)

I could see him staying here on 2 and 6 a week

I've been a big critic of him in the past as he's been here throughout our decline, but then again so was Wheater and we did half a dozen pages on him potentially being a club legend

Let Parky decide, I'm easy either way

Even if him and Spearing stay, we still need more in the middle of the park for me

pay as you play deal (do these even exist? I'd assume some basic would have to be given

Aye, I don't think "pay as you play" really does exist, it's one of them things that fans would like to think exists, but in reality it's not really practical.

I think most of these deals are made up of a fairly low basic, and large appearance fees. So he could get injured, as usual, and still end up costing us £50K per year (or more...or less of course)  -  the point I'm getting at is that I'm not sure that "pay as you play" exists in this day and age

I don't doubt he'll get offers from several clubs, it just depends how much of a financial risk these clubs are willing to take, and how much he really wants/needs the cash

• Site Supporter

Please just get rid of Davies

why?

if he only gets paid when he plays, (or just a low basic plus bonuses) whats the issue?

he probably has no choice as nobody will take the chance of a 'big' money contract.

and when hes fits, it is still our most talented player by a fucking country mile.

Edited by HomerJay

Wonder if he regrets not going Sheff Wed..

without a doubt, as he'd have no doubt signed a 3 or 4 year deal, on good cash. We really needed him to leave as well.......

I'll not be upset if I don't see him play for us again

why?

if he only gets paid when he plays, (or just a low basic plus bonuses) whats the issue?

he probably has no choice as nobody will take the chance of a 'big' money contract.

and when hes fits, it is still our most talented player by a fucking country mile.

its a waste of a very limited squad place we have, and he's never fit

why?

Agree. Pay as you play is ideal for us, very low risk.

I have watched us toil for a playmaker this season and until Keracan arrived we were struggling for creativity. MD is a good player and we are going to need some next season!

Whoever comes in for Mark Davies its going to be shite money if anything at all with his track record

In which case, why bother moving your family (unless you can't wait to move on)

I could see him staying here on 2 and 6 a week

I've been a big critic of him in the past as he's been here throughout our decline, but then again so was Wheater and we did half a dozen pages on him potentially being a club legend

Let Parky decide, I'm easy either way

Even if him and Spearing stay, we still need more in the middle of the park for me

I'm sure he moved back to Wolverhampton ages ago. I may of made this up though