Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

I criticise him for his vanishing acts during big games, being part of the shit losing mentality that saw us relegated twice and being that much of greedy cunt he nearly bankrupted the club by pricing himself out of sheff weds deal the same month we were being wound up by HMRC.

That's the bit that gets me. He nearly let BWFC go to the wall despite having earnt a fortune from never playing.

That's the bit that gets me. He nearly let BWFC go to the wall despite having earnt a fortune from never playing.

Bit like Wheater then - and look at that turnaround despite only being 5% the player Davies is.

Bit like Wheater then - and look at that turnaround despite only being 5% the player Davies is.

Did Wheater turn down a move when we were desperate for money to keep the club going?

As for the 5% the player Davies is comment....absolute bollocks.

Did Wheater turn down a move when we were desperate for money to keep the club going?

As for the 5% the player Davies is comment....absolute bollocks.

No but he drew an equally substantial wage and had injury woes of his own. Wheater hasn't reached 150 games for us despite being here since 2011.

5% might have been harsh. I'd like to up that to 7.5%.

I criticise him for his vanishing acts during big games, being part of the shit losing mentality that saw us relegated twice and being that much of greedy cunt he nearly bankrupted the club by pricing himself out of sheff weds deal the same month we were being wound up by HMRC.

You could level that at wheater pratley spearing too - I'd forgot the sheff wed thing is that true then? I saw him and had a chat in pub after peterboro seemed to have no idea where he'd be looked a worried young man

No but he drew an equally substantial wage and had injury woes of his own. Wheater hasn't reached 150 games for us despite being here since 2011.

5% might have been harsh. I'd like to up that to 7.5%.

146 from 2011 is similar.

It's not the wage whilst injured it's the refusal to try and save the club from a problem. Which he could have.

Zack clough was sent on his way for the good of the club. That's the kind of player I will always respect. Mark Davies is just a cunt.

• Site Supporter

146 from 2011 is similar.

It's not the wage whilst injured it's the refusal to try and save the club from a problem. Which he could have.

Zack clough was sent on his way for the good of the club. That's the kind of player I will always respect. Mark Davies is just a cunt.

Didn't Clough reject Bristol city when we needed to sell?

Did wheater not play for free a while back?

We've been here with the mavies stuff before, but the lad is a waster. Not committed and a coward on the pitch.

Natural talent means jack shit if you're not prepared to use it. Think back to games where we were crying out for a bit of quality, someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck, he vanished. He never has the balls to change a game.

He's wasted his career being pissed, unfit, injured and a complete bottle merchant.

Players like him are what nearly finished the club.

We've been here with the mavies stuff before, but the lad is a waster. Not committed and a coward on the pitch.

Natural talent means jack shit if you're not prepared to use it. Think back to games where we were crying out for a bit of quality, someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck, he vanished. He never has the balls to change a game.

He's wasted his career being pissed, unfit, injured and a complete bottle merchant.

Wheater still picked up full wage but gave back his win bonus. Consensus seems to be that he pocketed £15k a week and gave up £2.5k. Not quite Robin Hood but better than nowt. Edited by Kane57

• Moderators

Didn't Clough reject Bristol city when we needed to sell?

We accepted an offer but suspect his wages weren't an issue

Davies knew we wanted him to go, sheff weds was a good move, they baulked at his demands, we then offered him for free to make up for his demands but it wasn't happening and he chose to stay

Folk will claim thats his right to do so and they would be right

It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been playing to the best of his ability week in week out but he couldn't be arsed

Whilst wheater was wavering his bonuses and all that at the end of last season, ie he got what was going on and did a decent thing which he didn't have to do

Davies has had it very good out of us for several years with little in return, in the face of further winding up orders with what money we do have to play with it'd loathe me to offer him any sort of deal in the hope he might have a good game at some point

We accepted an offer but suspect his wages weren't an issue

Davies knew we wanted him to go, sheff weds was a good move, they baulked at his demands, we then offered him for free to make up for his demands but it wasn't happening and he chose to stay

Folk will claim thats his right to do so and they would be right

It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been playing to the best of his ability week in week out but he couldn't be arsed

Whilst wheater was wavering his bonuses and all that at the end of last season, ie he got what was going on and did a decent thing which he didn't have to do

Davies has had it very good out of us for several years with little in return, in the face of further winding up orders with what money we do have to play with it'd loathe me to offer him any sort of deal in the hope he might have a good game at some point

well put..

End of the day Davies wasn't working in some shitty job wondering about his financial future

He could live on a considerably reduced wage

• Moderators

lets say mark davies is suffering, quietly, from depression

do you then review those comments and think youre being more than a little harsh?

just a question

do you then review those comments and think youre being more than a little harsh?

just a question

What's he got to be depressed about he's on £20k a week :D

Seriously though, as a fan and professional moaner I can only act on the information provided. I.e. His performances and comments from people within the club during his time suggest he's in it for himself. Injuries aside.

If he's got issues then I'll support him all the way. Doesn't alter the fact he's creamed the best of a decade out of the club very little in return.

• Moderators

just a question

I know mental health awareness is on the up but are we now having to consider that when judging the performances and attitude of a player over a prolonged period of time?

Until we know otherwise let's say he's not