Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

• Moderators

No doubt it could but nothing to suggest it has so far so it's one for the emotionally groundless category

And if he is feeling down I hope he's not bottling it up and he should have a word with Stuart holden to keep him grounded and his spirits up

Due to previous injury record, Wheater's contract held back £5,000 per game until he reached a set number of games per season.

He was told back in Jan/Feb that his next game was his last, because we couldn't afford the extra, just like Spearing couldn't play.

Wheats was happy to forego the £5,000 a game to carry on playing.

It certainly wasn't win bonuses, because we didn't fucking win any last season!

Due to previous injury record, Wheater's contract held back £5,000 per game until he reached a set number of games per season.

He was told back in Jan/Feb that his next game was his last, because we couldn't afford the extra, just like Spearing couldn't play.

Wheats was happy to forego the £5,000 a game to carry on playing.

It certainly wasn't win bonuses, because we didn't fucking win any last season!

Aye. That gesture seemed to upset quite a few last season?

Regarding mark Davies I heard that he was struggling mentally ( who knows if true or not)

Which is probably understandable even though he s getting paid a massive wage you would have to be super human to not be affected by working your bollocks off to get fit only to be injured and out for a long time on a number of occasions.

Even Holden who appeared to be very strong mentally ( who knows if he is/was behind the persona /mask we all have) did not want to play again as he was worried about the possible physical and mental affects that may come if he got injured again.

So everything is not black and white but I still think he should be moved on but provided supportmentally if needed. Maybe he could come on here :)))))

• Site Supporter

If there's a suggestion the Davies has mental health issues then its a great shame. What is for sure is that he will have been given proper support.

His performances last year weren't good enough. If he was suffering then, then the manager etc were idiots for playing him.

The pfa will also help him.

Don't offer him a new contract though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Madine might well turn out to be a decent player if he accepts he's never going to be a 20 goals a season man and gets stuck into doing the horrible jobs which he did towards the end of the season.

Kevin Davies wasn't even getting a game on loan at Millwall when Sam took a punt on him and he must have been 25/26 at the time. I've not written Madine off so 12 months is about right for me, a decent season tie him down for longer, a crap season, bin him