Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

If Madine is a regular starter for us theni think we will be in trouble

We need someone who can do the dirty work and chip in with more goals / assists

Madine was woeful at this level previously, nothing to suggest he's stepped on. At least SKD had done it previously before going off the boil

His record at this level is woeful. Did well last year but I don't think he will cut the mustard. Prove me wrong Gary. I hope it's back up

We're a different team under Parky though. Most looked shit when we went down we were a mess!

Be interested to see how he gets on this time, trust PP 100%.

We're a different team under Parky though. Most looked shit when we went down we were a mess!

A fair comment. I still hope he is back up and he hasn't had a good season at championship level to date. Prove me wrong washing machine

Madine - went to a pre season game when we had just signed him - Oldham away I think - thought at the time he was just what we needed. Fair to say he's been up and down since then but towards the back end of last season thought he had improved. His play with the ball on the ground bringing others in was much better.

Still room for improvement as Parky says but reasonably happy with this.

He may not be the most elegant player, but he was effective last season. Even when he wasn't playing well, he got under the skin of opposition defenders allowing others to flourish. Defenders found it a lot easier to cope with our other attacking options when he wasn't there. Even if he doesn't win the ball he makes it difficult for defenders to play - he's horrible to defenders - a bit like Costa (only at a lower level!).

That's spot on.

The likes of Spearing and Wheater were awful in the last season and proved key this year.

If we have to rely on just madine next season we'll struggle. But get another biggun in as well and we'll be ok.

Parky has improved Madine and seems to get the best out of him (Ditto Vela and Spearing).

We have a limited budget so Madine, Wheater, Taylor, are all good solid signings.

I'm not sure what people expect being under an embargo and losing money every week?

Exactly......players like Madine, Wheater, Spearing & Dervite have looked much, much better under a competent manager like PP instead of that twat Lennon ( admittedly at a lower level )

Playing to his strengths, Madine can do a good job for us in the championship. He won't be a worldbeater & I doubt he'll reach double figures in goals & - like with every other player -we should replace him if we can get better, but with the money we've got, you're more likely to get a Tom Eaves, a Proctor or a Wilkinson than the next Kevin Davies.

Amazing some in here don't want to keep on our joint top goal scorer. He was the most important output for Parky's plan last season and unless we have a massive change in style of play he will be our main outlet next season

Parky has improved Madine and seems to get the best out of him (Ditto Vela and Spearing).

We have a limited budget so Madine, Wheater, Taylor, are all good solid signings.

I'm not sure what people expect being under an embargo and losing money every week?

has wheater signed yet?

Joint top on 9 goals with a centre half, a midfielder and a striker who left in January

Creating & scoring goals is clearly our biggest area to improve if we want to make the step up. Madine chipping in with half a dozen goals will leave us needing to find about 50 more from the rest of the team

I'm not convinced in him at that level

Joint top on 9 goals with a centre half, a midfielder and a striker who left in January

Creating & scoring goals is clearly our biggest area to improve if we want to make the step up. Madine chipping in with half a dozen goals will leave us needing to find about 50 more from the rest of the team

I'm not convinced in him at that level

still time yet and if he gets some creative midfielders on board like ameobi or morais then he may do alright