Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

Madine basically dragged us up on his own towards the last few games. A well deserved contract to an extremely effective player.

Well done Gary lad 

One of the biggest piles of horse shit I've read

I'm sure the other players involved would agree

One of the biggest piles of horse shit I've read

I'm sure the other players involved would agree

Depends how you look at it. I think had he not been fit for those last two games we wouldn't have gone up. His return to the team definitely improved us going forward. 

Those that played bury at home (drew 0-0), Oldham away (lost 1-0) and Scunthorpe away (lost 1-0) will be remarkably quiet.

No they won't

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive

They fucked up there but also contributed at the end

It's not too hard for even a contrary fucker like you to understand is it?

Madines going to have to step up on his all known form but if he's finally matured and Parky has managed to get inside his head I'm thinking he's potential to cut the mustard in the championship. I always feel the bigger lads take longer to reach full potential in football terms and I'm quietly confident we will see an improved Madine next season.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Joint top on 9 goals with a centre half, a midfielder and a striker who left in January

Creating & scoring goals is clearly our biggest area to improve if we want to make the step up. Madine chipping in with half a dozen goals will leave us needing to find about 50 more from the rest of the team

I'm not convinced in him at that level

THIS

I've got mixed feelings. The guy was invaluable last season and that was proven in that late clutch of games when we missed him badly. 

However .... I just think he's League One standard and has to be right on top of his game week in and out to make any impression whatsoever at Championship level. 

No they won't

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive

They fucked up there but also contributed at the end

It's not too hard for even a contrary fucker like you to understand is it?

Why didn't they contribute in those 3 games?

(Without checking if they actually played) why weren't those 3 players doing something in those 3 games?

If memory serves me right wheater ended up front in atleast 2 of those games if not all 3. Tells you everything

I've got mixed feelings. The guy was invaluable last season and that was proven in that late clutch of games when we missed him badly. 

This. I've never been his biggest fan but we really missed him when he was out

Maybe Parky's cutting his cloth according to the budget that he's got for next season and can't afford a replacement? Maybe sees other areas that are more important to spend money? Who knows?

Madine was effective most of last season , his goals tally is moderate to say the least .If we are going to stick with plan A again in the championship he's going to have to score a  few more goals (which I think he can) & also we need an effective deputy ( definitely not Proctor ) to step in & provide competition or even outshine the washing machine.

That guy from Wimbledon was an effective lump (the goalscorer ).Better not get into a wish list !

This. I've never been his biggest fan but we really missed him when he was out

Maybe Parky's cutting his cloth according to the budget that he's got for next season and can't afford a replacement? Maybe sees other areas that are more important to spend money? Who knows?

that's my thinking

• Moderators

We couldn't compete with millwall for a league one fullback so I'm not expecting too much . Think people should be prepared for a rough ride . Madine might have to step up .

As I said, signing a second left back on first team money seemed unlikely

I'd be very surprised if millwall will be paying their left back more than we are paying taylor

Why didn't they contribute in those 3 games?

(Without checking if they actually played) why weren't those 3 players doing something in those 3 games?

If memory serves me right wheater ended up front in atleast 2 of those games if not all 3. Tells you everything

You've clearly missed my point

If we are going to start dragging wanky facts in to stuff, if Gary Madine hadn't have hid like a fanny the season before we wouldn't have been in division 3 in the first place.

Plus he was fucking shite until Clough went and was replaced with a better partner for him. And he bottled it against sheff united after acting the cunt and cost us in the biggest game of the season.

Granted It got to the stage where we couldn't play without him, he was superb in parts last season and his role pivotal in sending us up, his efforts in the last two games in particular were superb .

There's two sides to his game. If he can harness the latter then he might just make himself a role in the championship. If he reverts anywhere near back to how wank he was then he's no chance.

He's going to be facing bigger fitter and stronger lads, whether he's up to the task is entirely up to his attitude and work ethic.

It's Gary's call, nobody else's.

You can't pin us getting relegated on Madine. The whole club was being badly managed from top to bottom.

Also was it not Parky's call not to play him against Sheff Utd?

Other than that I agree with you that it's going to be down to him to put the work in. Interesting quote from Parky saying how he thinks there's another level to his game and that he and Madine are going to work for it. Really hope it works out.

You can't pin us getting relegated on Madine. The whole club was being badly managed from top to bottom.

Nor can fuckers pin us going up on him either.

The guys been shite, then was alright and now we'll see.

Is this allowed or do we have to all be polarised nob jockeys?

Nor can fuckers pin us going up on him either.

The guys been shite, then was alright and now we'll see.

Is this allowed or do we have to all be polarised nob jockeys?

Share my opinion and now I'm a nob jockey? Cheers pal

We clearly needed him towards the end because we seemed to struggle without him. i still can't pick out what he actually did. 

good luck to the lad and i hope he does well but he is not the hero / legend folk are making him out to be. 

hopefully garp can provide some real stats on him to show us doubters why he is such an asset