Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

Madine is a very talented footballer playing the toughest position on the park I'm glad he's signed and he does not get the credit he deserves because he's a bit of a twat and his lifestyle.

Agree with gonzo it's up to him but his biggest asset will be being underestimated by opposing centre halves.

The fact he showed he was superior at league 1 on a fair few occasions means he can step up and be consistent.

Starting to feel like it's unfashionable bwfc again ....... happy days

Share my opinion and now I'm a nob jockey? Cheers pal

I was referring to people dragging up single game performances from last season when there's an equal amount that could be dragged up on the flip side from elsewhere.

He's got a charge sheet as long as your arm. Some people forget all this.

It fucked us big time when he was out last season, more due to lack of adiquet repleacment more than anything imo. Another target man must be on the clubs radar more than any other type of player seeing as Madine likes an injury.

Still baffles me that long singing.

Madine is a very talented footballer playing the toughest position on the park I'm glad he's signed and he does not get the credit he deserves because he's a bit of a twat and his lifestyle.

Agree with gonzo it's up to him but his biggest asset will be being underestimated by opposing centre halves.

The fact he showed he was superior at league 1 on a fair few occasions means he can step up and be consistent.

Starting to feel like it's unfashionable bwfc again ....... happy days

How does it ? there were plenty of occasions he was none existent. 

Games played - 36

Won - 25

Drew - 6

Lost - 5

Goals - 66

Games not played - 10

Won - 0

Drew - 5

Lost -5

Goals - 2

I agree with most that I'm glad he's signed up again but I'd like another 'better' option as I'm not convinced he'll be as effective in the Championship. Anyone doubting his importance last season though needs their head testing.

Games played - 36

Won - 25

Drew - 6

Lost - 5

Goals - 66

Games not played - 10

Won - 0

Drew - 5

Lost -5

Goals - 2

I agree with most that I'm glad he's signed up again but I'd like another 'better' option as I'm not convinced he'll be as effective in the Championship. Anyone doubting his importance last season though needs their head testing.

well put and stats speak for themselves.

well put and stats speak for themselves.

You are right the stats really do speak. 

for example in 2015/2016 he played 36 games and we only won 4 of them. 

if he can step up this season it will be fantastic but lets not start pretending he is a world beater. without the goals from defence we would have been fucked. 

You are right the stats really do speak.

for example in 2015/2016 he played 36 games and we only won 4 of them.

if he can step up this season it will be fantastic but lets not start pretending he is a world beater. without the goals from defence we would have been fucked.

look I'm a big supporter of his and I admit he may struggle next season.

But he won't be our only striker and Parkinson will hopefully get someone to play off him

Madine was in the fortunate position of being the only bloke at the club capable of playing in a role that Parkinsons whole game is based around. He did alright, wasn't spectacular,there's plenty who are much better but under the embargo we might struggle to get them. I think he'll struggle in the championship but then I think Wheater will too with his lack of pace. Hope I'm wrong.

Looking at the assists from last season he got 4 all campaign

http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-league-one-2016-2017/

I'm not sure it's about the striker playing along side him not getting onto the chances he's creating. Granted he put himself about and made defences work

In my opinion there were a few big lads in league 1 who would have been more than competent enough to offer us what he did - the lads at Port Vale & AFC Wimbledon for a start - I'm not sure any of them would make a decent fist of the Championship

For the step up we will need a target man who we can get a lot more out of, Madine will make reasonable cover

I was referring to people dragging up single game performances from last season when there's an equal amount that could be dragged up on the flip side from elsewhere.

He's got a charge sheet as long as your arm. Some people forget all this.

It fucked us big time when he was out last season, more due to lack of adiquet repleacment more than anything imo. Another target man must be on the clubs radar more than any other type of player seeing as Madine likes an injury.

Still baffles me that long singing.

No worries

I think he'll struggle in the championship but then I think Wheater will too with his lack of pace. Hope I'm wrong.

It's Beevers I'm a bit worried about, think better and quicker strikers might see him getting caught in possession more and making some bad decisions - like you I hope I'm wrong though.

Not all this shit again, I hope we don't have another 2 months of this bollocks

In my opinion he's the softest hard cunt I've ever come across

He's not a world beater, he has his good days but mainly bad days and I wouldn't have given a shit if he'd have fucked off. All I want is for him to pull on that white shirt and give a fuck, I can handle him not bagging 20 a season if I can see he's trying what I won't forgive him for is not putting the effort in

Come on Gazza show some bollocks

Marines stats show how fucking shit his replacements were.

He ain't no world beater so to miss him so much is a joke.

He can do a job in Championship, is he good enough to be our great hope I doubt very much.

Are people still thinking next season is about anything other than just staying up ?