Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2017/2018 Players

HomerJay

There has to be some continuity to at least start next season.

In a squad of 24 I'd keep/sign (Amos , Alnwick, Wheater, Beevers, A Taylor, Vela, Pratley, Spearing, Karacan, Morias & Le Fondre.  That leaves 12 places if you have Turner or Jaaskelainen as 3rd keeper. 

"Sell"  Wilkinson, Derik,  Proctor, Howard & C Taylor.

Not sure about Wilson (possibly back up RB), Clayton & Dervite (No good in a Championship back 4 but OK in a back 3)

Thanks for everything but no thanks Moxey, Trotter, Thorpe, Henry, Buxton, Madine, Long, Davies, Walker & Wabara.

In a squad of 24 I'd keep/sign (Amos , Alnwick, Wheater, Beevers, A Taylor, Vela, Pratley, Spearing, Karacan, Morias & Le Fondre. That leaves 12 places if you have Turner or Jaaskelainen as 3rd keeper.

"Sell" Wilkinson, Derik, Proctor, Howard & C Taylor.

Not sure about Wilson (possibly back up RB), Clayton & Dervite (No good in a Championship back 4 but OK in a back 3)

Thanks for everything but no thanks Moxey, Trotter, Thorpe, Henry, Buxton, Madine, Long, Davies, Walker & Wabara.

For the sheer difference in wages we'll have to do everything we can to get rid of Amos and keep hold of Howard.

Not even on the bench for Cardiff Amos going to be a massive waste of money so frustrating Ken and Lee would do a lot with his salary but you never know there's a few shown redemption this year ..... i can't see any of our squad leaving to go up a level except maybe spearing

The kid Ripley on loan to Oldham from City has been pulling up trees

Be a great loan signing for someone

Granted that won't be us if we've got Amos but if we can move him on then I'd like to see us improve our number 1 and that kid could be great for us

Think Sammy Aneobi should be a priority for us as well if the money's right

Personally I'd sack parky tomorrow.

We need an experienced man in the championship who knows the division and knows how to stay there.

Just like we needed one to get us promoted this season.

Life's a cunt I know but we need to think about the club.

Fuckin ell

The kid Ripley on loan to Oldham from City has been pulling up trees

Be a great loan signing for someone

Granted that won't be us if we've got Amos but if we can move him on then I'd like to see us improve our number 1 and that kid could be great for us

Think Sammy Aneobi should be a priority for us as well if the money's right

He's from boro and will be there number 1 when they get relegated........keepers least of our worries

Well he's on loan to us because he wasnt deemed good enough at Wigan at championship level. He will get exposed in the championship IMO.

​Not sure I'd be trusting their judgement after the season they've had. Obviously all conjecture, but they might have done a bit better if they'd have played him.

In a squad of 24 I'd keep/sign (Amos , Alnwick, Wheater, Beevers, A Taylor, Vela, Pratley, Spearing, Karacan, Morias & Le Fondre.  That leaves 12 places if you have Turner or Jaaskelainen as 3rd keeper. 

"Sell"  Wilkinson, Derik,  Proctor, Howard & C Taylor.

No chance of Parky keeping Amos, too much money and he's crap! Doubt we could sell Wilkinson, Proctor or C Taylor, they are fooking dreadful!

Wilson won't sign either and Clayton has no chance either. 

Of the three keepers I'd keep the 2 we used this season and try and ship out Amos if possible. Both Alnwick and Howard have done well this season, Alnwick more so.

Other than an upgrade on Moxey as back up LB I'd want to keep all the defenders.

Spearing, Vela, Phil Morris and Karacan I'd like to keep for midfield.

Madine and ALF up front.

Still leaves us with plenty of strengthening needed.

We need an experienced man in the championship who knows the division and knows how to stay there.

talk about taking the shine off yesterday, back to reality

There may come a time when Parky has taken us as far as he can, but it's not yet.

After watching the shambles of recent seasons, his ability to organise and coach a defence (unlike Coyle) , identify decent players on free transfers (unlike Freedman) and get the respect of his players (unlike Lennon) deserves a good go at the next level.

He doesn't seek attention, say stupid stuff and it isn't about him - he's what we need at least  for now.

There may come a time when Parky has taken us as far as he can, but it's not yet.

After watching the shambles of recent seasons, his ability to organise and coach a defence (unlike Coyle) , identify decent players on free transfers (unlike Freedman) and get the respect of his players (unlike Lennon) deserves a good go at the next level.

He doesn't seek attention, say stupid stuff and it isn't about him - he's what we need at least  for now.

Good post Tricky

• Site Supporter

I reckon Parky will stick with what/who he knows as permanent signings i.e the best of league 1. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ameobi back if wages are low enough and we'll get a couple of premier league kids on loan

Edited by Biggish Dave

• Moderators

We really need to pull the stops out with the loan market if ee can get decent players on the right agreement.

Id like to see Aaron Mooy back

Love it if spearing signs on a deal we can afford

Spearing been great this season but he was never pulling up trees in the Championship for us or when we loaned him out to Blackburn

Given how good our defence has been this year I've got more confidence there, it's centre midfield and up front that worries me