Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crypto Currency

birch-chorley

9 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I think we got in/out around the same time.

It's now sextuple bubble 😕...

If/when I buy crypto for next to fuck all in future I might just let it ride.

Feels more like cashing out early or even a loss when this happens.

Letting it ride is probably the best option. I cashed in 3 XRP positions last week when the daily rise was at between 12 - 15% as I was going to buy back in the dip. The dip didn’t come though!! 

39 minutes ago, royal white said:

Letting it ride is probably the best option. I cashed in 3 XRP positions last week when the daily rise was at between 12 - 15% as I was going to buy back in the dip. The dip didn’t come though!! 

Never ever cash out. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

That’s my new theory. 

26th April. 

New Bretton Woods.

Dollar no longer world reserve currency. 

MMW. 

We'll be millionaires but won't be able to buy a pint of milk. 

USA stopped publishing how much they were printing 3 months ago. Printed more dollars in 2020 than the previous 200 years combined. 

🤣

On 16/04/2021 at 16:29, royal white said:

Skimming the tide like that is a nice little earner, but there's always the off chance the tide continues to rise after you're done for the day and cashed in...

My outlay on Doge was pretty small and I was happy with cashing in for double-bubble at the time, however my stake wouldn't have been missed and with hindsight I should've let it ride.

Like Traf wrote in the betting conversation about the cashouts/Wanderers as Champions, it's better to just think of it in terms of initial stake rather than could've, should've, would've's.

• 3 months later...

On a technical level, Bitcoin looking in a good place. Using Wyckoff method:

Screenshot-2021-08-11-at-11-53-34.png

fetch.php?media=market_analysis:the_wyck

Screenshot-2021-08-11-at-13-53-29.png

SC = Sellers climax (point where selling becomes exhausted)

AR = Automatic Rally (after big sell offs, usually follows a relief rally which sets the top of the trading range)

ST = Secondary Test (comes back to test the sellers climax)

Spring = breaks trading range to downside then comes back into the range.

SOS = Sign of Strength (usually a good time to start scaling into positions)

LPS = Last point of supply (a retest of the SoS, turns resistance into support)

Bitcoin now setting Higher highs and Higher lows which is the main thing to look for, means confidence is re-entering the space after lots of uncertainty. 

Wouldn't go all in but keep an eye on it and maybe start averaging into positions.

Edited by Mantra

We started having a little play at work with very small amounts and very little science or expertise in the field but people just got bored and sacked it off.

I put £100 into DGB in June and that's allegedly at something like £142 now, put £25 into ATA and that's been going down ever since.

I can't be arsed to withdraw it and am not missing it so it'll probably be there forever. 

Bitcoin is the leader, all altcoins will follow it’s lead. They will lag behind until it starts to stall. If you’re not doing anything with it, it’s worth a punt but there’s 1001 crypto currencies out there and a lot of them aren’t even working projects and may not be around in 10 years. If it’s money you don’t care about then speculation is fine and all crypto has a large degree of speculation to it anyway but if you want something with a good chance of providing you a very high return in the next 10 years, you’ve got Bitcoin and Ethereum