Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

These people on the zoom call are absolute fucking fruit cakes.....makes you lot seem normal 😉 

One later accused a guy of hacking into the call too, even though another on the call posted it on youtube😄 

Well worth reading the entire thread

15 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Jesus, this isnt looking good for Labour. They've got to get their act together ASAP or this country is well and truly knackered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-57016689

Labour are a joke. The student politics and belittling insults at anyone who isn’t hard left driven by the Corbynistas won’t be forgotten in a long time

I can’t stand the current Conservative mob but this “you’re a Tory” that they’ve developed as an insult simply drives away the silent majority

Yet they still don’t get it

The daft thing is they don’t need to do this kind of politics, as the current conservatives seem pretty capable of making themselves look bad on their own

It’s utterly depressing that red & blue are both so vile in their own ways, and the Lib-Dems are pretty useless (they held the councillor seat here and are pretty active at that level to be fair)

Burnham will piss the GM Mayor; I know he’s had his detractors on here, but I disagree with them, I think he genuinely did fight for GM. Even though he did make mistakes, I see him as a bit like the Keegan who managed Newcastle - I think he means well. I think it needs someone like him to redress the balance for Labour longer-term

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Labour are a joke. The student politics and belittling insults at anyone who isn’t hard left driven by the Corbynistas won’t be forgotten in a long time

I can’t stand the current Conservative mob but this “you’re a Tory” that they’ve developed as an insult simply drives away the silent majority

The daft thing is they don’t need to do this kind of politics, as the current conservatives seem pretty capable of making themselves look bad on their own

It’s utterly depressing that red & blue are both so vile in their own ways, and the Lib-Dems are pretty useless (they held the councillor seat here and are pretty active at that level to be fair)

Pretty much nailed it imo.

• Site Supporter

Politics has become so polarised that policies don’t even get a mention.

Seriously, how many people are actually voting based on manifesto pledges?

Its all social media driven, like most things. You’re on that side, I’m on this side. That’s it - let the bickering commence.

I voted for the local independent yesterday because they actually bothered to explain what they’ll do if elected, and it looks good for the folk of BL6. None of the major parties said anything other than voting for their rivals was a bad thing and made you a pariah.

The mayoral election slip I didn’t even bother with as it’s just a show pony.

Labour are an absolute disaster, the Tories are still trough dwellers but will now be able to keep piping money directly into their face holes and the Lib Dem’s are a total irrelevance.

The Tories could literally put a baboon in charge and do well right now. Oh...

• Members
34 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Burnham will piss the GM Mayor; I know he’s had his detractors on here, but I disagree with them, I think he genuinely did fight for GM. Even though he did make mistakes, I see him as a bit like the Keegan who managed Newcastle - I think he means well. I think it needs someone like him to redress the balance for Labour longer-term

Two scouse lads at work use “You’re a tory” “Tory fuck” as an insult when you say anything remotely blue. And it seems to be the norm from that part of the world. They seem to be tainted by what they believe is being hard done by, by Maggie Thatcher and John Major, so so stuck in their ways and refuse to believe there’s an alternative.

Its sad and warped really that they will vote for a party because historically they have always done that, and Labour seem to like that rhetoric. Fuck policies lets fight Tories

As you say Julie, Labour are a joke.

Edited by Rudy

Great news Labour got their arse wiped in Hartlepool, perhaps they’ll begin to understand that folk see them as anti British, and against what most traditional working class voter believes in, on every major policy over the last few years they’ve been on the wrong side of the argument. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great news Labour got their arse wiped in Hartlepool, perhaps they’ll begin to understand that folk see them as anti British, and against what most traditional working class voter believes in, on every major policy over the last few years they’ve been on the wrong side of the argument. 

Labour don’t really have any policies.

The Tories only really have one. They only need one.

The people of Hartlepool once hung a monkey so I wouldn’t be overly jubilant that they been swayed by a funny haircut 🙃

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don't think they will get it. When you are so pickled in your own rectitude and arrogantly confirmed in your woke world-view, you become an "untouchable". The smelly masses can vote against you in large numbers but it doesn't alter the fact that you are right.

Labour needs to get the message (as do the illberal undemocratswho polled less than 400 votes). Brazen democracy denying (2017-2019), woke hectoring and lecturing, pandering to student politics, the twitterari, Guardianistas, London metropolitans and other assorted travellers will not cut it with wide swathes of people in everyday towns and villages from Northumberland to Dorset. Will it do so? I doubt it.

This is a deeper problem than the lurch to the left in the early 1980s under Michael Foot. Foot, Benn and co at least understood democracy and patriotism. The current crew actively scorn both. 

2019 wasn't just about Brexit or Corbyn (though both were prominent). It was also about woke crap and people being utterly sick of it. And now we know it for sure.

4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I don't think they will get it. When you are so pickled in your own rectitude and arrogantly confirmed in your woke world-view, you become an "untouchable". The smelly masses can vote against you in large numbers but it doesn't alter the fact that you are right.

Labour needs to get the message (as do the illberal undemocratswho polled less than 400 votes). Brazen democracy denying (2017-2019), woke hectoring and lecturing, pandering to student politics, the twitterari, Guardianistas, London metropolitans and other assorted travellers will not cut it with wide swathes of people in everyday towns and villages from Northumberland to Dorset. Will it do so? I doubt it.

This is a deeper problem than the lurch to the left in the early 1980s under Michael Foot. Foot, Benn and co at least understood democracy and patriotism. The current crew actively scorn both. 

2019 wasn't just about Brexit or Corbyn (though both were prominent). It was also about woke crap and people being utterly sick of it. And now we know it for sure.

You get it, Labour still haven’t twigged... sad because I’m Labour at heart... hate this Labour lot with a passion, didn’t vote last night, still only voted Tory once but they are lesser of 2 evils. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That’s just given me a guaranteed couple of hours of amusement. Well said Paul 

If you find Paul’s ‘political’ dronings amusing, wait until you watch some Fawlty Towers, your head will explode.

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter

You get it, Labour still haven’t twigged... sad because I’m Labour at heart... hate this Labour lot with a passion, didn’t vote last night, still only voted Tory once but they are lesser of 2 evils. 

This is your best post on this thread

I voted Labour right up until 2010.  I was sorely disappointed when they were pipped in 1992.

I won't vote for them again as I don't believe they will ever relinquish the disease that is wokery and I don't believe I will ever forget the sickening performance we had from 2017-19

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Again

The vitriol that pervades your posts simply makes you look every bit as bitter and entrenched as the people you hate so much. I suspect you would happily see them have their voting rights revoked for daring to let the pencil stray beyond the blue box.

You’re accusing ‘them’ of the exact same thing you’re guilty of.

Its weird, away from this thread you’re bang on.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Again

The vitriol that pervades your posts simply makes you look every bit as bitter and entrenched as the people you hate so much. I suspect you would happily see them have their voting rights revoked for daring to let the pencil stray beyond the blue box.

You’re accusing ‘them’ of the exact same thing you’re guilty of.

Its weird, away from this thread you’re bang on.

There are millions of people who agree and feel the same way as me - including the vitriol. That's why places like Hartlepool and Leigh are going Conservative. Absolutely unthinkable for generations. 

Focus it all on me if it makes you feel good - but the electoral maths bluntly says otherwise. 

Action/reaction. My default position is not one of vitriol. This is the result of wokery, Project Fear and democracy denying. You reap what you sew and millions of people are having their say. Watch it unfold. Again.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

There are millions of people who agree and feel the same way as me - including the vitriol. That's why places like Hartlepool and Leigh are going Conservative. Absolutely unthinkable for generations. 

Focus it all on me if it makes you feel good - but the electoral maths bluntly says otherwise. 

Action/reaction. My default position is not one of vitriol. This is the result of wokery, Project Fear and democracy denying. You reap what you sew and millions of people are having their say. Watch it unfold. Again.

I’ve not sown anything.

Im no fan of the woke mob either, but you do act like a mob of Labour voters have stolen your garden gnomes or something.

Im certainly not enjoying the country crashing slowly towards one party dominance, that’s unhealthy.

Bickering on social media seems menial, but it’s influence is huge and is why this dangerous polarisation has taken place.

Also, don’t underestimate the impact of a conservative chancellor giving the nation a year off on full(Ish) pay - that’s been very popular with the red wall places.