Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Back to the original point I made NIC which you are actually reinforcing. If you thought the UK was unbelievably shit and hated living here and you had kids and you had the opportunity to move somewhere else , somewhere better for your kids, you would do it yes?

You are slightly wrong in your first response, mainly because you ate trying g to justify your rather sweeping initial statement. That's ok, understandable.

Also this whole, if you critise a country you then should leave posts are also utter bollocks. 

You can love a country if you are born here and also want it to improve, and see many things that need improvement. You shouldn't have to leave.

Again, there are lots to love, and lots to try and change, and have freedom to say that. I know you aren't a great student of cultural history, but it is made by those who demanded better.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

You are slightly wrong in your first response, mainly because you ate trying g to justify your rather sweeping initial statement. That's ok, understandable.

Also this whole, if you critise a country you then should leave posts are also utter bollocks. 

You can love a country if you are born here and also want it to improve, and see many things that need improvement. You shouldn't have to leave.

Again, there are lots to love, and lots to try and change, and have freedom to say that. I know you aren't a great student of cultural history, but it is made by those who demanded better.

Cultural history 😂😂

I’m a student of real life and making it better for myself and my loved ones. Doing me just fine it is. If I lived somewhere I clearly hated I would move. Not because I have to but because I would want to. Some want to moan about it while doing fuck all to improve it. I know who I would rather be 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Cultural history 😂😂

I’m a student of real life and making it better for myself and my loved ones. Doing me just fine it is. If I lived somewhere I clearly hated I would move. Not because I have to but because I would want to. Some want to moan about it while doing fuck all to improve it. I know who I would rather be 

A student of real life. Fucking hell.

It's a fixer upper, eh?🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

A student of real life. Fucking hell.

It's a fixer upper, eh?🤣🤣

Just bought a lovely one as it happens. I’d gladly donate it to transport the suicide squad off this thread to the promised lands of the eu. Got to help those less fortunate eh H 

29 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Have lunch in an English vineyard today, baking sunshine, beautiful surroundings. On days like this, the North can get to fuck.

Had lunch in Lytham today on a sunny restaurant terrace. Calamari and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Nowt wrong with the north.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Had lunch in Lytham today on a sunny restaurant terrace. Calamari and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Nowt wrong with the north.

A different sun down south.

Supposedly there was once a vineyard at walker fold- resurrect that now, particularly with global warming yielding monumentally excellent crisp whites and sparkling wines, and on a day like today it would be rather splendid. 

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A different sun down south.

Supposedly there was once a vineyard at walker fold- resurrect that now, particularly with global warming yielding monumentally excellent crisp whites and sparkling wines, and on a day like today it would be rather splendid. 

😊 It was a spare of the moment day trip. Caught the train to Lytham. After lunch I walked along the front to St Anne’s to watch a cricket match against Farnworth CC. It was indeed a splendid day. It’s grim up north.

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

😊 It was a spare of the moment day trip. Caught the train to Lytham. After lunch I walked along the front to St Anne’s to watch a cricket match against Farnworth CC. It was indeed a splendid day. It’s grim up north.

Our lot are there tomorrow, Lostock CC. Is it a nice venue? Decent bar?

'Lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch...' - what a ploughman's lunch? A packed lunch?

If you're born and bred in Bolton it's your DINNER.

If you get elevated to the nobility it's still your DINNER.

Hence dinnerladies, dinner-time, "have you had some dinner?".

Dinner referring to your tea should only be used by southern ponces and in 'Dowton Abbey' scripts.

11 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Yep. Nice facilities and a good team. Enjoy your day. 

Is it on William Pickles YMCA gaff?

Ill have a mooch down next time your there. 

I love Lytham. Great for a chilled day. Not keen at night though when the rich and famous come out. 

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Is it on William Pickles YMCA gaff?

Ill have a mooch down next time your there. 

I love Lytham. Great for a chilled day. Not keen at night though when the rich and famous come out. 

The cricket ground is close to the Links. It was only a friendly so not sure when FCC will be back.

Lytham is great for lunch/dinner/tea. Spoiled for choice in the Clifton Square area. Even more down the side streets.👍

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Michael Take? 

His Twitter feed is remarkable.

I note with interest that despite claiming to be a patriot, many of his tweets suggest he hates the UK and considers the nation to be in terminal decline.

Cant be right, that.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

His Twitter feed is remarkable.

I note with interest that despite claiming to be a patriot, many of his tweets suggest he hates the UK and considers the nation to be in terminal decline.

Cant be right, that.

It's a parody account. "Mickey Take".

14 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Nothing wrong with it at all. Just prefer summers down south is all, as its better weather and loads of decent outdoor/sea swimming throughout.