Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

45 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Never heard of him. Dominic Cummings is giving it big sticks about it being rife in the commons and Tory benches especially. Not that he can exactly be believed about pretty much anything of course.

This bloke:

8EEED6B1-D81D-4C14-944D-A142EFBF6D4B.jpeg.20d5db605834786b61542f75519f6070.jpeg

He’s also the one that when questioned about scrapping the £20 universal credit uplift, he said some people like getting it but don’t need it. Then a few months later said it would be dangerous to stop MPs having second jobs to top up their £80k salaries, because they are human beings with families and responsibilities.

• Site Supporter

I see the Thatcher-esque Liz Truss wants the energy companies to invest money rather than pay a windfall tax on profits that are actually just a pisstake. And I’m a capitalist.

In absolutely unrelated news, inflation hit 9% this morning.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Why now though? If these alleged offences were carried out between 2002 and 2007, why have they only just come to light? Not wishing to question their validity but that’s 15 to 20 years ago.

Maybe the victims have been to scared to speak out.

Maybe it doesn’t fckin matter.

crimes don’t really have a cut off point for conviction.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Why now though? If these alleged offences were carried out between 2002 and 2007, why have they only just come to light? Not wishing to question their validity but that’s 15 to 20 years ago.

Why is that always brought up. What Difference does it make. 

They say the mind processes trauma like that in a similar way to grief or soldiers with PTSD.

Time goes out of the window as the mind processes things and tries to cope.

Things get shoved to the unconscious mind so the body can survive for as long as it needs.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Why is that always brought up. What Difference does it make. 

It doesn’t make any difference if the claims are valid but it does make it more difficult to investigate and confirm what happened. Of course there may have been genuine reasons it wasn’t revealed earlier but until we know the full facts it’s important not to potentially trash someone’s life by assuming guilt.

• Members
18 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

It doesn’t make any difference if the claims are valid but it does make it more difficult to investigate and confirm what happened. Of course there may have been genuine reasons it wasn’t revealed earlier but until we know the full facts it’s important not to potentially trash someone’s life by assuming guilt.

Who’s assuming guilt ? And they haven’t been named. 

Questioning the length of time only puts off other victims. 

Embarrassed, scared, traumatised there could be a lot of reasons.

Edited by Rudy

• Members
2 hours ago, Nowack said:

If I was a politician in my 50s I would be making a special effort to be seen on the benches today.

I’d be wearing a bright yellow suit and holding up a sign like you see at the darts

‘I AM HERE’

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's quite incredible to see the number of people committing libel on social media over this.

They probably won't end up beong sued but why risk it for a few likes?

its only libel if its not true

theres a site i looked at last night named the fcuker

'brexit hardman'

13 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

This bloke:

8EEED6B1-D81D-4C14-944D-A142EFBF6D4B.jpeg.20d5db605834786b61542f75519f6070.jpeg

He’s also the one that when questioned about scrapping the £20 universal credit uplift, he said some people like getting it but don’t need it. Then a few months later said it would be dangerous to stop MPs having second jobs to top up their £80k salaries, because they are human beings with families and responsibilities.

He also thinks rapists should be castrated.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agree with Starmer on the windfall tax, needs to be taken and distributed, how it’s distributed not sure but feel it’s the right thing to do. 

Interesting little bit after pmq.

The amount they want to take in windfall tax, apparently equates to around £100 per household. 

Rachel Reeves confirmed they would get money from other sources, including cutting vat on fuel.

Presumably, she's come around to Brexit then!

Whether all that adds up to £600 per household, who knows.

Something more is clearly needed, though what format is the best, I dunno.