Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 hours ago, Nowack said:

A lot of these people won't have passports and if you are fleeing a regime that wants to kill you it is a bit tricky popping to the passport office to pick one up.

What regimes are there in in the countries I have mentioned hunting people down? 

Edited by royal white

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

What regimes are there in in the countries I have mentioned hunting people down? 

Turkey? Egypt? Albania? Vietnam? Pakistan?

These are not people trying to get in via boats. Every town in England has blokes from Turkey cutting hair and I`m pretty sure they didn`t kayak across the channel.

29 minutes ago, Nowack said:

These are not people trying to get in via boats. Every town in England has blokes from Turkey cutting hair and I`m pretty sure they didn`t kayak across the channel.

Turkey has nearly 4m refugess, the locals have had to move out 😉 

35 minutes ago, Nowack said:

I would think they came from Europe under freedom of movement before we left, most likely German Turkish.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Nowack said:

But they’re the nationalities of those due on the first flight.  And as already has been pointed out people aren’t just using the channel. 

Its a bit daft this.

RW and Mounts think we should send the buggers (any buggers, well most buggers, in fact anyone that didn't manage to secure a visa before traveling) back (or rather onwards, or rather anywhere that it isn't a problem and we can forget about them) Whether this will deter people cross the channel in a rubber ring from Le Aldi is neither here nor there. Very much like the people themselves.

Others have reservations.

There endedth the debate. Never the twain shall meet.

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its a bit daft this.

RW and Mounts think we should send the buggers (any buggers, well most buggers, in fact anyone that didn't manage to secure a visa before traveling) back (or rather onwards, or rather anywhere that it isn't a problem and we can forget about them) Whether this will deter people cross the channel in a rubber ring from Le Aldi is neither here nor there. Very much like the people themselves.

WW resident 🤡 strikes again.

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Mate You’re a middle aged glorified ticket tout who still lives in rented accom 😂😂 I think you need to come off your high horse a times petal 😘

How very dare you, I am a rascal of a ticket tout serving my time in the sleazy underbelly of the low scum, cheap car lot shows selling my seedy wears to half and quarterwits, if you don't mind.

I can explain that to you as well, if you'd like, I don't mind helping those stuck in a mental second gear. Civic duty,if you will, makes me feel better about making money off conning those without any.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

How very dare you, I am a rascal of a ticket tout serving my time in the sleazy underbelly of the low scum, cheap car lot shows selling my seedy wears to half and quarterwits, if you don't mind.

I can explain that to you as well, if you'd like, I don't mind helping those stuck in a mental second gear. Civic duty,if you will, makes me feel better about making money off conning those without any.

Ditto, if you ever want to move back north let me know and I can stick you in one of mine 👍

7 hours ago, Sweep said:

Surely people don't actually think that sending three or four people to Rwanda is going to stop hundreds trying to cross the channel on dinghies on a daily basis do they? - is anybody going to admit to thinking it'll actually make any difference at all? 

Whether it works in stopping migrants crossing the channel is not the point. It’s whether it wins votes. 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Mate You’re a middle aged glorified ticket tout who still lives in rented accom 😂😂 I think you need to come off your high horse a times petal 😘

I find your retort very interesting 🤔 

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its a bit daft this.

Not my view at all, those who are economic migrants we should send back and instead bring in folk from overseas who we need to work in the economy with the necessary skills, regarding those fleeing conflict we should put a cap on the numbers we allow into the country, we cannot cure the whole worlds ills by accepting all who are fleeing persecution and the number allowed entry should be decided by our government. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper