Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Every country is experiencing massive inflation for sure. It is a global problem but some countries will perform better than others.

To be fair though, now we are free of the EU shackles I would expect us to be performing better than France which is a reasonably comparable country

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Every country is experiencing massive inflation for sure. It is a global problem but some countries will perform better than others.

To be fair though, now we are free of the EU shackles I would expect us to be performing better than France which is a reasonably comparable country

Well plucked out of thin air. Funny a raft of other EU countries inflation rates ignored… methinks macron forcing energy bosses to not pass on the higher costs before the election might of had something to do with it…. For all the good that did. 🤣

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Can double check but sure it's BAe who my mate's lad works for and they've just refused an 8% pay rise,  nice work if you can get it.

Double check. He definitely doesn't work for BAE.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m off red square now I’ll leave you stooges to it. 

“My limited capacity for debate has reached its usual dead end. I’m off to read the Daiky Mail website now”

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Well plucked out of thin air. Funny a raft of other EU countries inflation rates ignored… methinks macron forcing energy bosses to not pass on the higher costs before the election might of had something to do with it…. For all the good that did. 🤣

Eh?

There isn't a single country on that list remotely comparable to the UK economy that is doing worse.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I suggest you take a look at the current real inflation across Europe. Then tell me its Brexit driving the  inflation levels we are currently seeing. 

Inflation Rate - Countries - List | Europe (tradingeconomics.com)

And if you reckon it still Brexit please justify why countries have higher levels of inflation than the U.K. 

You clearly didn't read the articles.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I suggest you take a look at the current real inflation across Europe. Then tell me its Brexit driving the  inflation levels we are currently seeing. 

Inflation Rate - Countries - List | Europe (tradingeconomics.com)

And if you reckon it still Brexit please justify why countries have higher levels of inflation than the U.K. 

Why is NI performing better than GB

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Who wouldve thought it

Boris got something right

Bravo, old bean

28 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Yep. A blame it on Brexit cult. As I’ve said many times, I voted remain and I’d do it again. This relentless blaming everything on Brexit is not only boring, it’s totally baseless. The whole world is going through the same inflationary problems as we are here in the U.K. 

I never blamed it on Brexit cult.

What I meant was the absolute certainty that Brexit has nothing to do with any of the problems we're facing is cult-like.

Or if you prefer, you could stick a typo in there that would work equally well.

29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

you don’t have to tell mick he’s cleverest bloke on here…. But sadly one of the 3 stooges, you know those who have the one agenda who look down rabbit holes to find an article to fit that agenda when a simple non  biased information page proves that it’s Europe wide. Cults about right, sadly they wear a red rose and are stuck in 70s time warp party politics. Not worth the debate. 

Bit strange. There's loads on here brighter then me.

However, you certainly aren't one of them.😃

43 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

France faces exactly the same problems as the U.K. economically. It faces even bigger problems politically. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Pretty much, nobody can even know how we would have faired without leaving..

Covid threw a spanner in the works. 

Don't go wading into the politics thread with facts you absolute moon man. 

Edited by stevieb

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Facts? Fuck all facts in that post.

You separating brexit from covid, global supply chains absolutely fucked because of semi conductors issues and China being zero covid zealots, Ukraine being fannies getting invaded by 60 year old tanks, forex markets melting down all over AND and posh Kier at labour being a shit opposition? 

Every credit. 

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

You separating brexit from covid, global supply chains absolutely fucked because of semi conductors issues and China being zero covid zealots, Ukraine being fannies getting invaded by 60 year old tanks, forex markets melting down all over AND and posh Kier at labour being a shit opposition? 

Every credit. 

Nope.

But to pretend it's not created any issues is bollocks