Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No we don’t and neither should we…. Get a grip limit immigration and implement it strictly.  I find it unbelievable that some folk virtually want an open door policy, yet the same idiots whinge like fuck when we can’t cope with influx and have nowhere to house them. 

Maybe those wanting the open door policy don’t live in Northern mill towns which end up the dumping grounds for these immigrants. Bet there aren’t too many in Stowe on the Wold and similar small market towns.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Maybe those wanting the open door policy don’t live in Northern mill towns which end up the dumping grounds for these immigrants. Bet there aren’t too many in Stowe on the Wold and similar small market towns.

Indeed, and we need to keep sending them north. We don't want them around here scuffing the place up 

😉

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No we don’t and neither should we…. Get a grip limit immigration and implement it strictly.  I find it unbelievable that some folk virtually want an open door policy, yet the same idiots whinge like fuck when we can’t cope with influx and have nowhere to house them. 

If you're referring to me, you're just wrong.

But the point I'm making is this - it seems any competent Government has two options from hereon in:

1. Continue to allow immigration on such a mass scale, but invest in the infrastructure to cope with that increase. 

Or

2. Commit to reduce the immigration figures and implement a policy to bring that reduction about.

What we get instead is neither. Just mass immigration and no investment, with an already chronic housing shortage and disintegrating public services.

And besides, those 500,000 people are here now - the majority with the consent of the Government - so what's their plan to help the country cope with that?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

But the point I'm making is this - it seems any competent Government has two options from hereon in:

1. Continue to allow immigration on such a mass scale, but invest in the infrastructure to cope with that increase. 

Or

2. Commit to reduce the immigration figures and implement a policy to bring that reduction about.

What we get instead is neither. Just mass immigration and no investment, with an already chronic housing shortage and disintegrating public services.

And besides, those 500,000 people are here now - the majority with the consent of the Government - so what's their plan to help the country cope with that?

What we get is fuckwits saying things like "Send them to Rwanda!" and "Sink the fuckers!" to appeal to the people they think got them elected. They are still in Brexit mode.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

If there was a table for bell ends this cock would be 50 points clear at the top. 

Can you not give an answer to his simple question? Is that why you've immediately resorted to insults?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

He wasn’t asking me a question. I on the other hand have given a very accurate description of him for those who are interested. 

If we rejoined the EU next year, what tangible Brexit benefits would you miss the most?

17 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Or

Wasn’t referring to you… unless you think an open door immigration policy is how we should go. The only option is to reduce immigration to manageable levels.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasn’t referring to you… unless you think an open door immigration policy is how we should go. The only option is to reduce immigration to manageable levels.

What is a "manageable level"?

• Members
12 hours ago, fatolive said:

Probably due to the fact in the main events in Ireland would have little effect in general, whereas events in UK usually do along with the whole “ mother land “ thing from the past . 
plus, my fellow countrymen would be from Breightmet 😁, parents are Irish, spent a lot of time there including a good spell living over there , very proud of my connection with the place, a obsession with its history and sport especially , but the green rolling hills and rivers of Garstang ave is my home, like the lad with Ukrainian heritage earlier in the thread, I’m equally proud and defensive of my connection to both places . 
find myself being called an Irish cunt here and an English cunt there . 
well balanced 😁

:D I'm an Aussie cunt there and a Pommy bastard here. Good innit?

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Agreed. Sadly, this current Government doesn't seem to be able to do that, unless +500K is deemed as manageable. If it is, then fair enough, but there do seem to be a lot of people suggesting it's not, and wittering on about infrastructure and housing shortages etc

20 hours ago, Cheese said:

Forced myself to listen to all that shite. I know Boston well and have done for 40 years. Then it was a prosperous market town funded largely by the agricultural industry. Yes it was low wages but everything you needed was there and people from the local small towns shopped there and in the markets which sold locally farmed fresh produce. I was totally shocked when I went back a number of years later how dirty and run down it was. I parked near the bus station and walked into the centre and of the first six groups I passed none spoke English. The crime rate has absolutely soared as have the drug problems.

One of the main hospitals closed and all round it’s not now he kind of place you’d want to live. This all happened whilst we were in the EU and mainly thanks to Blair opening the door to Eastern European migration. I’m sure there are some really nice Polish bakers and Lithuanian stores but but sorry, it doesn’t make up for the damage that EU immigration has done to many towns just like Boston. Sadly the twats that have presided over the calamity that Brexit has been have only made the situation worse and should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Whitesince63

29 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Forced myself to listen to all that shite. I know Boston well and have done for 40 years. Then it was a prosperous market town funded largely by the agricultural industry. Yes it was low wages but everything you needed was there and people from the local small towns shopped there and in the markets which sold locally farmed fresh produce. I was totally shocked when I went back a number of years later how dirty and run down it was. I parked near the bus station and walked into the centre and of the first six groups I passed none spoke English. The crime rate has absolutely soared as have the drug problems.

One of the main hospitals closed and all round it’s not now he kind of place you’d want to live. This all happened whilst we were in the EU and mainly thanks to Blair opening the door to Eastern European migration. I’m sure there are some really nice Polish bakers and Lithuanian stores but but sorry, it doesn’t make up for the damage that EU immigration has done to many towns just like Boston. Sadly the twats that have presided over the calamity that Brexit has been have only made the situation worse and should be ashamed of themselves.

Why was it shite?

Pretty balanced if you ask me. A remainer, a leaver, a mind changer and a couple of gammons chucked in for good measure.

39 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

This post Is brought to you by someone who has signed up to full Tory bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Best chippy in Boston by far.

Photo