Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Shed 7 were (and I guess still are) really good. Sad that the NME types turned on them, busily hyping up the next big (London) thing, absolute shite like S*M*A*S*H. Southern cunts, putting the north down as always.

Get out of town. Real Surreal and I Want to Kill Somebody piss all over anything Shed Seven served up with their dreary indie pub rock. Ocean Pie? Do one Witter.

And I'm northern and bought those singles in Andy's Records in Bolton. So nothing to do with being Northern or Southern reductive rubbish.

TUUUUNNNNEEEE!

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Get out of town. Real Surreal and I Want to Kill Somebody piss all over anything Shed Seven served up with their dreary indie pub rock. Ocean Pie? Do one Witter.

And I'm northern and bought those singles in Andy's Records in Bolton. So nothing to do with being Northern or Southern reductive rubbish.

TUUUUNNNNEEEE!

Each to their own and I don't really rate shed seven but that is shite.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Ha ha😀 I loved the woman who contradicted herself constantly about Brits doing jobs that EU workers once did. It was like watching Little Britain.

Another classic. The way his accent changes to Scouse at the very end is hilarious:

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

TUUUUNNNNEEEE!

I've got no words.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

TUUUUNNNNEEEE!

So meeting birds, being able to drink, going on lads holidays, passing your diving test watching a great Wanderers side etc etc “sounded dreadful” and you then post this 🤦🏻

I bet your geography teacher got a full fist in you! 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

So meeting birds, being able to drink, going on lads holidays, passing your diving test watching a great Wanderers side etc etc “sounded dreadful” and you then post this 🤦🏻

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with child abuse and geography. Are you on some watch list?

1 hour ago, royal white said:

To be fair it was the lads holiday bit. Fucking cliche.

44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Lads,lads,lads! 

Bet the bantz is top draw.

Fair enough if thats what you like, but it's not for me, and certainly not at 44.

The banter we have is top drawer, a good mix of blokes from many different professions, all with tales to tell, football to be discussed and beer to be drunk, every one of us is over 50, you are never too old to enjoy yourself without the missus

5 hours ago, Zico said:

the 90s were ace

the rise of the wanderers

brit pop

cool britannia

new labour

the emergence of the internet

sunday shopping

it felt like a new dawn

the difference between the start of the 90s and the end in terms of progress was so fast, never known anything like it

of course, they were also my formative years from 12 to 22 and all I'd known was the 80s

but the 80s were shite, you had to wait for everything, and half the time there was nothing to do

this song somes up the 80s

and this one the 90s

I've no idea what the 60s and 70s were like

the 00s were decent

then things just starting plodding along and I lost touch

but I know I'll spend the 2030s and 2040s telling  my kids how fucking ace the 90s were

Went to Uni in 94 

Perfect time to be alive 

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

The banter we have is top drawer, a good mix of blokes from many different professions, all with tales to tell, football to be discussed and beer to be drunk, every one of us is over 50, you are never too old to enjoy yourself without the missus

Fair enough, sounds like you have a blast which is all that matters.