Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Zico said:

one thing could be that instead of using an RM paid delivery service to post something important, someone will instead choose to use a 3rd party courier or similar 

But again, someone using a different delivery service doesn’t ‘cost’ the RM anything. It may reduce projected or anticipated profits but I’m not getting my head around it becoming a loss.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But again, someone using a different delivery service doesn’t ‘cost’ the RM anything. It may reduce projected or anticipated profits but I’m not getting my head around it becoming a loss.

well it was based on your thinking, that being:

People still send the same number of letters or parcels making the post office the same income.

the point was, whilst people might still send the same number of letters, they might not use the royal mail, which means they don't make the same income

so every day of strikes costs them business

which contributes to their losses

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

well it was based on your thinking, that being:

People still send the same number of letters or parcels making the post office the same income.

the point was, whilst people might still send the same number of letters, they might not use the royal mail, which means they don't make the same income

so every day of strikes costs them business

which contributes to their losses

One day the unions/workers working for the post office, a loss making organisation, will realise that there is competition out there. Probably when it’s too late.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

One day the unions/workers working for the post office, a loss making organisation, will realise that there is competition out there. Probably when it’s too late.

Careful, you’ll have Bolty blocking you for being negative about a great British institution or something 

4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Have the Post Office  really fucked shit up recently or something?

They made over £700 million profit last year. What's happened? 

11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Have the Post Office  really fucked shit up recently or something?

They made over £700 million profit last year. What's happened? 

“In October the company, which reported a £219m loss in the six months to September, said it could have to cut up to 10,000 jobsby next August.“

This is from the same Guardian article.

17 minutes ago, Spider said:

Careful, you’ll have Bolty blocking you for being negative about a great British institution or something 

Pretty sure he’ll support my view on unions. We have history which I’ll tell the tale one day of bypassing Unions for the sake of business security.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Pretty sure he’ll support my view on unions. We have history which I’ll tell the tale one day of bypassing Unions for the sake of business security.

Boooo

You just want Britain to fail and forriners take over our institutions you do

booooo

fckin booooo

29 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

“In October the company, which reported a £219m loss in the six months to September, said it could have to cut up to 10,000 jobsby next August.“

This is from the same Guardian article.

My question was how do you report a profit of £750 million in April and be fucked 6 months later?

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

My question was how do you report a profit of £750 million in April and be fucked 6 months later?

No idea. I’ll stop quoting the Guardian and go back to the Daily Mail. At least people just dismiss the source without asking me questions.😊

• Members
7 hours ago, royal white said:

I didn’t see this coming 

It's like the lefties other hobby horse at present - non dom status. Do the thick muppets not realise that all that will happen is that these mega wealthy people will simply fuck off elsewhere if they feel persecuted. They aren't going to stick around and fill up the coffers of the Treasury.

Sadly, the Conservatives can now be labelled 'Labour Light'. A sad shame.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It's like the lefties other hobby horse at present - non dom status. Do the thick muppets not realise that all that will happen is that these mega wealthy people will simply fuck off elsewhere if they feel persecuted. They aren't going to stick around and fill up the coffers of the Treasury.

Sadly, the Conservatives can now be labelled 'Labour Light'. A sad shame.

It is what it is