Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

We had that opportunity but we had Bozo and Frost leading our team of negotiators. I seem to remember at the time you were applauding their resolute stance claiming it was a great negotiating tactic. Well turns out it wasn’t😂

Better BJ than May, can’t bend over in negotiations, we’re still in negotiation mode and we will get there. It was always going to be a long process to get where we want to be. 

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No knickers in a twist here, just a bit of fair play and common sense… I can wait though, the penny will finally drop one day. 

The penny dropped for me the day after the vote and I realised the country was in the hands of Rees Mogg, David Davis, Gove and a load of other loons.

58 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s interesting to hear Varadkar acknowledge the issues on exporting from UK, he had recent meeting with Sunak and both are Indian immigrants and Sunak being less bombastic than BJ and their similar shared Indian backgrounds might have thawed some of the ice. Let’s hope it moves things along on the export front.

😁 It's like watching a child type. Although my kids make more coherent points.

Neither of them are immigrants.

The suggestion that the EU should accept "equivalence of standards" to smooth paperwork etc is ridiculous.There has to be a unified set of standards to allow freedom of trade. If the UK is vain enough to claim that our (reducing) standards should be good enough, then it opens the door to every EU country and - importantly,  EU applicant - to make the same claim.

The whole point is to improve the standard across the European diaspora, not to accept the lowest common denominator.

56 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Better BJ than May, can’t bend over in negotiations, we’re still in negotiation mode and we will get there. It was always going to be a long process to get where we want to be. 

Even you have to admit it wasn't sold as that. David Davis said we'd see an immediate upturn.....and our very own utter loon, Maggie Tate, suggested it'd all be sorted within a few weeks

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

yep, apart from the one's that we don't hold.

It is funny how we never hear anybody suggesting that we still hold all the cards isn't it

That's because the EU aren't acting in good faith 

Maybe they didn't shuffle the pack properly and deliberately gave us a bad hand 

• Site Supporter
On 25/10/2017 at 17:06, Mounts Kipper said:

I think I read that you can go to WTO and continue to have same agreement as current deal through a transitional period or did I dream that?

6 years ago, you didn't have a clue how it could all be dealt with.

You still don't know.

So let's not pretend we all knew what we were voting for beyond what we were being fed by the people we WANTED to believe, shall we?

At least I'll admit to being hoodwinked.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

😁 It's like watching a child type. Although my kids make more coherent points.

Neither of them are immigrants.

I was in a rush and I did not proof read it, I will make sure I check it in future, you make sure your business partner checks your spelling. :)

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was in a rush and I did not proof read it, I will make sure I check it in future, you make sure your business partner checks your spelling. :)

You proof read?

That's even more worrying given your posts.

I'm happy - my copy has adorned west end FoH's, TV ads, Radio, even Argos catalogues at one time with a side job I did writing for Flymo!

I'm pretty good at this stuff, if I do say so myself - that's why I get paid well for it.

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

The suggestion that the EU should accept "equivalence of standards" to smooth paperwork etc is ridiculous.There has to be a unified set of standards to allow freedom of trade. If the UK is vain enough to claim that our (reducing) standards should be good enough, then it opens the door to every EU country and - importantly,  EU applicant - to make the same claim.

The whole point is to improve the standard across the European diaspora, not to accept the lowest common denominator.

It is not ridiculous, it is perfectly normal and is doable.

UK–EU future relationship: options for equivalence | The Institute for Government

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

You proof read?

That's even more worrying given your posts.

I'm happy - my copy has adorned west end FoH's, TV ads, Radio, even Argos catalogues at one time with a side job I did writing for Flymo!

I'm pretty good at this stuff, if I do say so myself - that's why I get paid well for it.

Self praise is no recommendation.

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've done enough over the last 20 years to have a decent amount of self-belief.

Stick to drying face, tums and bums. Best you stay in your lane.

I have done plenty of copy over the years for some of the big retailers... I don't charge though as it is a piece of piss. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper