Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Tell her to get a new job. Simple

She’s happy in her job, she has to be qualified to do it but she’s paid a pittance, would help if couples could share tax allowance… couples earning 40k each pay less tax than we do…and earn more than we do,  that for me is wrong. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

She’s happy in her job, she has to be qualified to do it but she’s paid a pittance, would help if couples could share tax allowance… couples earning 40k each pay less tax than we do…and earn more than we do,  that for me is wrong. 

Got to cover those tax avoiders somehow.

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I've always thought that would be a grand idea, sadly it'll never happen though

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not enough though, Labour will sort it…. Not!

Meanwhile I’m shafted for tax while the wife’s on virtually minimum wage. 

12 years.

Surely the quesion the mail need to ask themselves is why half the population need welfare.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It is what it is 

winners and losers 

31 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've always thought that would be a grand idea, sadly it'll never happen though

Yep, got shafted on the child benefit 50-60K allowance band with Mrs only doing part time to ensure kids looked after when friends with combined income of over 90k from two full time jobs kept it all.

55 minutes ago, green genie said:

Yep, got shafted on the child benefit 50-60K allowance band with Mrs only doing part time to ensure kids looked after when friends with combined income of over 90k from two full time jobs kept it all.

Aye. That was total nads. Fucking Gideon.

Ours was all going into my nipper's govt child trust fund, would have paid for a big chunk of her university fees.

As it is just now got to hope she fails her A-Levels 😃

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, green genie said:

Exactly same here. 
Our house income around 60k but have to pay it back as my wage is over the threshold even though she earns about 10 k 

other houses I know income 80 & 90k and they don’t as no single earner over the threshold 

either she has get a better job and then need child care , or I get even better job ( not likely) or I fuck it off go back on the tools and earn less to get more from other avenues ( not going to do that either but I could be better off overall if I did) 

appreciate has  to be a line but assessing it on one person in the house rather than the household income in total seems a bit stupid