Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-23/uk-urges-eu-not-to-harm-british-firms-in-us-clean-power-fight

(Non-paywall link: https://archive.md/Rnrc7)

The behind-the-scenes maneuvers illustrate the weakened hand British diplomats have in the wake of Brexit, caught between the might of the US and EU economies. Whereas in the past, the UK would have been part of any EU retaliation, it now risks the double whammy of being harmed by the US law and any European response to it.

We're now at the stage where we're having to beg the EU for favours. Talk about 'taking back control' eh.

Edited by Cheese

29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-23/uk-urges-eu-not-to-harm-british-firms-in-us-clean-power-fight

The behind-the-scenes maneuvers illustrate the weakened hand British diplomats have in the wake of Brexit, caught between the might of the US and EU economies. Whereas in the past, the UK would have been part of any EU retaliation, it now risks the double whammy of being harmed by the US law and any European response to it.

We're now at the stage where we're having to beg the EU for favours. Talk about 'taking back control' eh.

Were you the chap with the wooden cross outside Burnden park shouting the end is nigh!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Aye, it was said during the brexit campaign that the UK would be weaker outside the EU but this was dismissed as project fear. Well here we are.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Were you the chap with the wooden cross outside Burnden park shouting the end is nigh!! 🤣

A cross? I don’t recall a cross but I do remember the bloke with a poster held high on a pole just stating.

JOHN 3:16

I’ve looked it up and it states;

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I’m still no wiser. Does that mean we’re all going to burn in hell for daring to attend football on Sundays?

On 23/01/2023 at 11:27, Spider said:

I can’t be arsed searching, but I seem to recall being told on this thread that we were the fastest growing economy in the G7.

Well, we are, after the top 5

For what it's worth, the correction from the ONS relates to productivity rate rather than economic growth.

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Aye, it was said during the brexit campaign that the UK would be weaker outside the EU but this was dismissed as project fear. Well here we are.

I read it as a trade war created by Biden government and that the EU are considering retaliatory measures, we are cooperating with Japan in potential response, interestingly the last paragraph makes interesting reading.  Always a silver lining if you dont just look for a negative, negative folk will always post negative content. 

Britain has agreed to work with Japan on its response, according to a person familiar, and the UK and US have agreed that if the US does make any amendments, the UK would be included in benefiting from them.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I read it as a trade war created by Biden government and that the EU are considering retaliatory measures, we are cooperating with Japan in potential response, interestingly the last paragraph makes interesting reading.  Always a silver lining if you dont just look for a negative, negative folk will always post negative content. 

Britain has agreed to work with Japan on its response, according to a person familiar, and the UK and US have agreed that if the US does make any amendments, the UK would be included in benefiting from them.

How were we getting on under Trump?

Didn't he have an America first policy and we'd be at the back of the queue?

• Site Supporter

Obama too.

To be fair, whatever their reasons, its not likely that any president would wizz across the Atlantic in double quick time with open arms, as they would want to be seen as too willing. All part of the bargaining process. 

Meanwhile, quietly, the real work goes on.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Meanwhile, quietly, the real work goes on.

yeah, just a pity its the opposition having to do it for us

you dont really think this shower of shit are doing owt but cover their tracks, do you

starmer and his crew are putting in plenty leg work with the EU, but then they can afford to as theyre not reliant on baker and leaky to prop them up

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

This clown thinks foreign kids are as important as British kids. 🤡

It's fake news 

Nobody goes missing from these hotels mate - they're living in luxury, dining on continental breakfasts every morning and being delivered fresh towels daily and tea and biscuits. All at the expense of British veterans who are forced to sleep on the hotel's doorstep. 

Plus it wasn't a kidnapping. The kids were really 67 years old and went willingly to sell drugs in the brothel. I know this because my mate RW told me.