Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Much like his predecessors, Sunak's answer to everything is "But what about Jeremy Corbyn?"

Main defence was “I didn’t appoint him as chancellor” and “it’s being checked by the ethics advisor”. He is such a weak PM.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

What you mean the one that Sunak backed through every lie and corruption scandal until the very last moment?

Yes.

Thats politics to an extent, and I’m by no means saying Sunak is anything other than cat muck, but given the depths Johnson sank to it would be impossible to be worse.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

Teacher strikes announced. 

Just had the letter

My lad will be crushed when he finds out his year group are still being told to attend school as they’re doing their gcse’s.

49 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yes.

Thats politics to an extent, and I’m by no means saying Sunak is anything other than cat muck, but given the depths Johnson sank to it would be impossible to be worse.

He is not worse, but he constantly tried to defend him and has the same lack of morality.  So far he has failed to sack a minister who whilst in charge of taxes for the country owed a few million in taxes himself, reappointed Braverman who had earlier resigned as Home Secretary for breaches of code, failed to avert any strikes and his wife has saved millions in UK tax by having non dom tax status. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is that on top of last years 40 being announced or are we just regurgitating negatives? 

Two negatives is a positive if my maths is not too hazy.

So we’re all being positive about stuff closing.

😁

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s fairly obvious 

Is it? Both were promised on the back of Brexit, yet neither have materialised. Boris Johnson promised 40 new hospitals, and Tim Martin promised 18 new pubs. There are no new hospitals, and now Tim Martin is selling nearly 40 pubs and has opened no new ones. You can understand why I might think you were confused.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Is it? Both were promised on the back of Brexit, yet neither have materialised. Boris Johnson promised 40 new hospitals, and Tim Martin promised 18 new pubs. There are no new hospitals, and now Tim Martin is selling nearly 40 pubs and has opened no new ones. You can understand why I might think you were confused.

Yes. Look at the comment I was replying to. No one mentioned hospitals or 40 hospitals closing. You’d have to be a complete simpleton to get confused by that. 

53 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is that on top of last years 40 being announced or are we just regurgitating negatives? 

Honestly?

I neither know nor care. I just got told by a mate who works in the supply chain that they'd published a list today of 40 pubs to go.

Just now, Traf said:

Honestly?

I neither know nor care. I just got told by a mate who works in the supply chain that they'd published a list today of 40 pubs to go.

As you know businesses do this all the time, pruning loss making parts of the business for the good of the company, it is just good housekeeping.