Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
On 28/01/2023 at 00:22, royal white said:

You and others moaning day in day out 

Listening to Jeremy Hunt yesterday. Should probably be in the Labour Party but was talking about AI (something a few on here could probably do with having implanted).

Apparently 2 of the 3 worlds best companies in this field are British. He mentioned (and was a staunch Remainer remember) that being out of the EU and able to enjoy the freedoms which Brexit have brought about that this industry in particular has the potential to be a huge contributor to future economic growth in the UK.

Note to self - don't waste your time pointing out Brexit benefits to buffoons who are not equipped to process anything even remotely positive about Brexit.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Listening to Jeremy Hunt yesterday. Should probably be in the Labour Party but was talking about AI (something a few on here could probably do with having implanted).

Apparently 2 of the 3 worlds best companies in this field are British. He mentioned (and was a staunch Remainer remember) that being out of the EU and able to enjoy the freedoms which Brexit have brought about that this industry in particular has the potential to be a huge contributor to future economic growth in the UK.

What "freedoms" are those? Or are you just parroting something you've heard without actually understanding it?

It is interesting that the only politician you can cite is a "Remainer" who "should be in the Labour Party"...

https://archive.md/kwPZH

Edited by Cheese

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Note to self - don't waste your time pointing out Brexit benefits to buffoons who are not equipped to process anything even remotely positive about Brexit.

Leaving aside the Brexit bit the "huge contributor to economic growth " is going to lead to huge job losses in call centres and warehousing, but hey-ho few tech giants will become billionaires .

Pop over to geeks corner and read about it. It's "progress" but not sure many are thinking of the long term social impact 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, green genie said:

Leaving aside the Brexit bit the "huge contributor to economic growth " is going to lead to huge job losses in call centres and warehousing, but hey-ho few tech giants will become billionaires .

Pop over to geeks corner and read about it. It's "progress" but not sure many are thinking of the long term social impact 

He doesn’t care

He’s retired and the future is not his concern.

Just searching for any “I told you so” is the mission now.

Consequences are of non relevance due to the fact they won’t impact him directly.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

He doesn’t care

He’s retired and the future is not his concern.

Just searching for any “I told you so” is the mission now.

Consequences are of non relevance due to the fact they won’t impact him directly.

It's the fact Jeremy rhyming slang was spouting it without any concerns for the consequences. 

But he doesn't care either. Will make a few million investing in it

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

He's a proper crook that fella.

It amazed me how he’d hoped his claims of his tax issues being, “an honest mistake” would be accepted yet HMRC can’t wait to jump on the working guy who doesn’t get returns in on time.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It amazed me how he’d hoped his claims of his tax issues being, “an honest mistake” would be accepted yet HMRC can’t wait to jump on the working guy who doesn’t get returns in on time.

But but but but but but but but but labour

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Puddled.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Zahawi potted I see

What a wonderful government we have

Now he's potted, I suspect a load more shit will come out about him. 

Fuck knows what's gong on with the Conservative party, but it's almost as if they're purposely on a path of self destruction

11 minutes ago, lobbypond said:

Rotten to the core, the lot of them.

I'm sure some of them are fine, sadly, Johnson made sure he kept the good ones away from the frontline, and surrounded himself with rotters, and we're still reaping the "benefits" of that. 

Sadly, I don't see things improving for them until they get rid of Sunak when they get hammered at the next GE, and replace him with Mordaunt

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm sure some of them are fine, sadly, Johnson made sure he kept the good ones away from the frontline, and surrounded himself with rotters, and we're still reaping the "benefits" of that. 

Sadly, I don't see things improving for them until they get rid of Sunak when they get hammered at the next GE, and replace him with Mordaunt

To be honest, I’m wondering when my MP is going to be given an opportunity to show what a good MP he is. At the moment I’m looking at those who have ‘had a go’ at being in the cabinet and failed and wondering if he’s actually been asked but has fucked it off as a poisoned chalice.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Aye, they had the perfect opportunity to clear the decks TWICE last year but they chose not for some peculiar reason.

I thought same about Morduant, however I'm basing this on never hearing her speak :D