Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, globaldiver said:

The EU is not going to be the same as it was;

1. We wouldn’t revive the rebate.

2. We’d have join the Euro

3. I’m not sure they’d want us in, unless we can show that we are not going to agitate.

in summary, it’s highly unlikely to ever happen.

So, stop moaning about it.

1) Correct

2) Correct

3) They'd love us back, as we'd be a "contributor" again

It won't happen anyway 

• Site Supporter

We’re out and that’s the way it has to be. No argument.

But we desperately need a government that can sort it in a way that at least concedes 48% of the population voted against it.

What we need is a new government full stop. This one is dogshit.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’re out and that’s the way it has to be. No argument.

But we desperately need a government that can sort it in a way that at least concedes 48% of the population voted against it.

What we need is a new government full stop. This one is dogshit.

48% and no doubt a good number of the 52 dont want owt to do with it

so, yes, lets work with the EU to get the best outcome for both 'sides'

something that cant happen while the ERG have power

I'm not as cut and dried anymore. It won't happen soon by any stretch but it benefits both the UK and Europe by being in. Its not a one sided thing.

Not sure it'll take even a generation, also we'd need people in charge who can actually deal with the EU rather than this ideological intractability we are currently stuck in because both the main parties are worried about this block of voters that are bedrock Conservatives and Labour need to woo to have any chance of being in power.

Things will change, because there is a real generational divide. If there wasn't and it was more murky it would be impossible, but it's fairly stark. And its not just middle aged, this block is relatively old so there will be a shift naturally. That and on geographical lines, in that those in cities want to be back - and those areas are still and will always be, the main drivers of the economy, and that will matter.

What it would look like will be interesting, but I'd very much doubt losing the pound would be the main stumbling block.

6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yeh he is not like those sheep only seeing the headlines.  Never would he be swayed by three word slogans like ‘getting brexit done’ or ‘build back better’ or ‘taking back control’.  😂

You are of course correct. I voted remain.👍

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

You are of course correct. I voted remain.👍

And I’m sure you didn’t vote for Bozo at the last election when he said ‘build back better’, ‘taking back control’ and ‘getting brexit done’. You would never fall for that😂

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Rishi given the nod to scrap return tickets on trains. Fuckin weirdo

Absolutely fucking bizarre. It's like they're just trying to out-Cunt each other before they get booted out.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

How I understood it was, for example, if an outward bound journey cost £30 and the return cost £10, now both journeys will now cost £20.

Which means a one-way journey now costs more, but a return stays the same...? That can't be right, surely.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
11 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Rishi Sunak has been accused of “willy waving” over reported plans to remove the UK from the European Convention on Human Rights (EHRC) in an attempted crackdown on illegal migration.

TBF it would help us align with Russia and Belarus :)

Fuck all to do with aligning with Russia and Belarus. It is a 75 year old anachronism. Lunacy that some faceless twat in Strasbourg can over ride the decisions of the UK government. The sooner we are out of it the better.

Sunak won't do it though. He's just looking for stuff to say that might appeal to the red wall Tory converts to attempt to minimise the damage from the shellacking he will get at the next GE.

Out of it and the UK would still be one of the the most accommodating countries in the world when it comes to human rights.

5 hours ago, royal white said:

I know what kind of Fkin weirdo wants cheaper travel, it’s like they’re all trying to out Cunt each other 🙄

Happy to say I’m wrong if that happens but I just can’t see how this will help. If anything I suspect it will go up again.