Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Ha. Deal with this shit day in day out in sales management. Totally meaningless. Massive distortion due to the dip. Needs all sorts of comparators. Need far more than one graph. Hands up I’ve done this plenty of times to deflect the flak over the years but sometimes you take what you can and have to be prepared for when folk with any sort of common sense rip it apart. May actually be a good news story but pinning a story on that graph is a bit silly - note, I haven’t read any back articles as I’m not on Twitter so may be being harsh. But I doubt it somehow. When you’re in the shit you push out anything that looks like good news. As said I’ve done it for years. 😁

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Ha. Deal with this shit day in day out in sales management. Totally meaningless. Massive distortion due to the dip. Needs all sorts of comparators. Need far more than one graph. Hands up I’ve done this plenty of times to deflect the flak over the years but sometimes you take what you can and have to be prepared for when folk with any sort of common sense rip it apart. May actually be a good news story but pinning a story on that graph is a bit silly - note, I haven’t read any back articles as I’m not on Twitter so may be being harsh. But I doubt it somehow. When you’re in the shit you push out anything that looks like good news. As said I’ve done it for years. 😁

Only the thicker element will eat the shit you push out though, surely?

The trade data released by the Office for National Statistics today (Friday 10th February) shows that UK services exports reached record highs in 2022, totalling £397 billion.

In current prices, it means an increase of 20% compared to 2021, and up 23% on exports in 2018.

The UK is the second biggest services exporter in the world – behind only the US, and the services sector contributes around 80% of the UK’s GDP. 

Today’s results show the UK is contributing to a growing global sector, with service sectors across the world expected to account for 28% of global trade by 2030 – up from 25% in 2019.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Unfortunately - a lot of people are thick and can't see past the spin. 

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

The trade data released by the Office for National Statistics today (Friday 10th February) shows that UK services exports reached record highs in 2022, totalling £397 billion.

In current prices, it means an increase of 20% compared to 2021, and up 23% on exports in 2018.

The UK is the second biggest services exporter in the world – behind only the US, and the services sector contributes around 80% of the UK’s GDP. 

Today’s results show the UK is contributing to a growing global sector, with service sectors across the world expected to account for 28% of global trade by 2030 – up from 25% in 2019.

The price of everything has increased

37 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Thick is harsh. Lack of understanding is a better description. Spin is an art and has been deployed for ever

Spin also works both ways.

Remember this nonsense from our Shadow Chancellor?

Anyone know what happened to the 19.3 billion the BOE eventually spent (not taxpayers money) on gilts? 
I’ll give the answer after I come back from breakfast.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Spin also works both ways.

Remember this nonsense from our Shadow Chancellor?

Anyone know what happened to the 19.3 billion the BOE eventually spent (not taxpayers money) on gilts? 
I’ll give the answer after I come back from breakfast.

Of course. And folk can’t help but latch on to whatever suits them.