Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

42% of Scot’s wanted her to resign.. she had one thing to do and failed.. glorious glorious failure. 🤣

You backed serial liars like Farage and Johnson so this kind of humility is probably something you don’t recognise. 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

42% of Scot’s wanted her to resign.. she had one thing to do and failed.. glorious glorious failure. 🤣

Suggesting 58% didn’t.

maybe if it was 52/48 you’d understand more clearly

22 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You backed serial liars like Farage and Johnson so this kind of humility is probably something you don’t recognise. 

Not on everything, I have aired my concerns on some of things Johnson did, perhaps you cannot draw that distinction, both of the aforementioned get plenty right and plenty wrong. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not on everything, I have aired my concerns on some of things Johnson did, perhaps you cannot draw that distinction, both of the aforementioned get plenty right and plenty wrong. 

Aye, in fairness Mounts was never totally blinded by Johnson and said so plenty of times @Farrelli

There are still a few who’d lube up for Boris though,

46 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You backed them on brexit which has been terrible for the UK. Glorious failure indeed😂

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

he backed him on brexit and all the lies that followed and is still perpetrating the myth that it is a great opportunity.

Separate issue in a way though. Brexit is obviously failing, but just on the point that Mounts was a Boris lover, I’m pretty sure that’s not right.

Just now, Spider said:

Separate issue in a way though. Brexit is obviously failing, but just on the point that Mounts was a Boris lover, I’m pretty sure that’s not right.

Sorry but you are wrong. It’s about leadership. Sturgeon has always tried to do the best thing for Scotland and showed great dignity in her resignation today. Through no fault of their own brexit took Scotland out of the EU at great detriment to their economy and farming/fishing industries. 

Compare that to Bozo. A lying shithouse only interested in himself and clinging onto power whatever the consequences for the UK and the union. A greedy, arrogant, self serving arse that Mounts backed frequently.

51 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Sorry but you are wrong. It’s about leadership. Sturgeon has always tried to do the best thing for Scotland and showed great dignity in her resignation today. Through no fault of their own brexit took Scotland out of the EU at great detriment to their economy and farming/fishing industries. 

Compare that to Bozo. A lying shithouse only interested in himself and clinging onto power whatever the consequences for the UK and the union. A greedy, arrogant, self serving arse that Mounts backed frequently.

I do not do party politics, backed him where I thought he was right and on occasions he was right. You always go with the party line and that's what is wrong with politics today. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

I think it’s already been said, but I’m guessing there’s a few ‘inconvenient’ facts about to emerge concerning the murky dealings of the SNP in general and Wee Krankie in particular. 
Well, I hope so. 
😎👍

This was predicted by some quite a while ago.. depends if injunctions prevent it. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Personally? I’ve got a lot of friends up there. I spend a lot of time up there. 
What are your reasons?

My dad and all his side of the family are Scottish.

Just wondered why English folk who can’t vote SNP are suddenly massive haters of a woman who has no bearing on them.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I often wondered that about Trump.

Me too. You’d have him back tomorrow wouldn’t you? America is the largest economy on earth and massively influential.

Maybe folk don’t like Sturgeon because she won all those seats at every election.

Dunno.

Seems odd.

Unless it’s a Celtic rangers thing? That’s always struck me as proper strange behaviour 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

My dad and all his side of the family are Scottish.

Just wondered why English folk who can’t vote SNP are suddenly massive haters of a woman who has no bearing on them.

I’m pretty sure that the leader of a political party whose main aim is the break up of the United Kingdom has a bearing on all of us.  Irrespective of our views on that potential break up. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zulu said:

I’m pretty sure that the leader of a political party whose main aim is the break up of the United Kingdom has a bearing on all of us.  Irrespective of our views on that potential break up. 

If it’s the will of the people, then no one should stand in their way.

Even if it’s only 52% of them.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zulu said:

So you agree that it has a bearing on all of us? Well, I’m glad that’s settled. 😉

Not, apparently, on the folk moaning. Pretty sure most of them have uttered the phrase “let them fuck off, makes no difference to me” or words to that effect in the past.

Sturgeon seems to attract much dislike. I assume due to her success.

19 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Quite.

And to break up our country should involve a vote of all of the people, not merely those who happen to be living in a part of it at a given moment in time.