Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ah the old gish gallop again. You're quite the fan of that.

No one has said that, anyway here you go, in case you couldn't find it - there is quite a lot of reading but I'm sure you'll manage it. And look at that - an agreement with Albania, done in 2006, if only we could be part of some of these. Bloody EU and its long and boring bureaucracy. There's even a lovely flowchart.

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/migration-and-asylum/irregular-migration-and-return/return-and-readmission_en

...and here is the outline policy from yesterday for you to compare and contrast;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ground-breaking-new-laws-to-stop-the-boats

As I said, it's all there for you, soldier. 

We don’t need to part of an agreement for Albania. If they’re here illegally they can be deported, like most other nationals .

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

We don’t need to part of an agreement for Albania. If they’re here illegally they can be deported, like most other nationals .

So why isn’t that happening?

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

So why isn’t that happening?

Because we're not processing quick enough and have left the EU so our renationalisation policy is almost on a starting again footing.

Anyone who says it is hasn't read...ah, you get the jist.

or maybe put those loons who run Migration Watch onto the case.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

So how/why did almost 1500 Albanians go back to Albanian between Sept 2001-Sept 2002? 

No one said we couldn't repatriate, its the numbers that are the issue, and that does come down to policy.

See, when you have a little read up, its easy to point out the obvious.

Just now, Spider said:

So it’s working then?

Why all the fuss?

I refer the good gentleman to my earlier post.

But lets not look at governmental home office failings, lets just stop the boats, eh, Spider? Stop trying to make it more complicate than it is. Honestly #obsessed.

I wonder why the Royal Navy blockage across the channel plan didn't work out? Seemed very sensible to me 😊

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No one said we couldn't repatriate, its the numbers that are the issue, and that does come down to policy.

See, when you have a little read up, its easy to point out the obvious.

We have our own deal with Albania, not some agreement from 2006. If they shouldn’t be here they will be sent back….eventually, regardless if we are in the EU or not. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

ROI

Here’s a thought.

Redirect all the boat folk to Northern Ireland.

it’s still the UK, so that means it’s lawful

Tell the Irish govt that’s the long term plan and indeed, we are welcoming even more migrants (maybe providing a ferry to pick them up in Calais and take them straight to Belfast.)

the IRA will probably decide they don’t want a United Ireland after all, we can give all boatfolk an even split of Celtic and rangers tops, and they have an open border so can come and go as they please between the UK and the EU.

Everyones a winner, aprés moi la deluge.

53 minutes ago, royal white said:

We have our own deal with Albania, not some agreement from 2006. If they shouldn’t be here they will be sent back….eventually, regardless if we are in the EU or not. 

We're trying to do a new one, but itll get kiboshed as folk have said and we're back to square one. As I say, just have a little read around.

The real issue isn't boats, it's boring home office administration.

And also, I personally don't want to be part of a country that doesn't have a proper and humane repatriation protocol. If I did, I'd move to Belarus.

You might want to, and also think the ECHR is a soft soap to correct and more hardline policies. That's your perogative. 

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

We're trying to do a new one, but itll get kiboshed as folk have said and we're back to square one. As I say, just have a little read around.

The real issue isn't boats, it's boring home office administration.

And also, I personally don't want to be part of a country that doesn't have a proper and humane repatriation protocol. If I did, I'd move to Belarus.

You might want to, and also think the ECHR is a soft soap to correct and more hardline policies. That's your perogative. 

Trying to or already have?