Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
3 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

You’ve posted some naïve unsupported bollocks in your time but this is up there for me.

Why should every BBC sports presenter be impartial in their personal lives?

You’ve just called for someone to be sacked because you don’t like their opinion. And that my friend is no different to the woke snowflakes calling for Roald Dahl to be rewritten and JK Rowling to be cancelled.

But we all knew you were one of them after all❄️

Go and glue something FFS. Here's hoping the bloated ego gets the sack.

• Members
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I think even Miami White would have to concede this to be a 💣💥 moment against are Bolty.

'are Bolty'? Fucking hell. Those forest classrooms must be seriously sub standard.

Edited by bolty58

Lineker presents football for the BBC, not politics, therefore is free to have and voice an opinion on politics, because he won't be seen as an expert and you can take or leave what he says.

Likewise, I won't be hanging around for Laura Kuenssberg's discussion on 3-5-2 vs 4-4-2 with a diamond.

An if you think that's a ridiculous analogy, Suella started it.

Why the fuck is anybody getting wound up by Lineker having an opinion?

All he's done is put his opinion out there like we all do on here.  The only difference is he's famous.  Are famous people not allowed an opinion?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, DazBob said:

All he's done is put his opinion out there like we all do on here.  The only difference is he's famous.  Are famous people not allowed an opinion?

20230310_161509.thumb.jpg.3e18d590071c4b5a71c56c417060fac6.jpg

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yes but only if the right wing press media agree with that opinion.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Depends upon conditions set out by your employer. 

A discussion going on now: although he's not employed directly by them, he may still be bound by their rules.

A presenter explaining that they left the bbc (again a free lancer) as she couldn't express her views and wanted to. 

Which is what Lineker should do.

Then again it's also been suggested that following the removal of a number of older colleagues, that as a 62 year old, maybe he's been doing this to keep himself in the limelight so to speak.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

I’m not wound up, but he’s clearly broken the rules, to which he would have signed up to.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nah, folk tune in to see the games. Whilst Lineker and Wright are good and I like them presenting the show, they're secondary to the game. 

Oh aye, totally.

I meant in that there may be nay fucker wanting to present it.

• Site Supporter

So tv presenters on a football show aren’t allowed to discuss anything political in their own time?

The gammons have finally reached peak snowflake

Bless them all. Horrid to see them offended and crying into their Carling like this

715CB749-9672-430C-A058-34CC2EFF92D7.webp