Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, royal white said:

It could do with some new blood, we don’t need dinosaurs who haven’t played the game for 30 years to comment. Time to move on 

Can I ask an honest question here? Wind up games aside for two ticks. 

I'd take it that it's pretty obvious to most that I'm more of the kind who agrees with some of what Lineker says and you're more so on the side of Jezza Clarkson... Not that it would ever get in the way of having a pint together at a game. 

But do you genuinely agree with Bolty that Lineker should be stopped from presenting based on his personal opinion? Whilst I thought Clarkson's joke on Markle went a little too far - I'd call out anyone who wanted to take away his right to make TV after expressing it. Same goes both ways surely? 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I'd take it that it's pretty obvious to most that I'm more of the kind who agrees with some of what Lineker says and you're more so on the side of Jezza Clarkson... Not that it would ever get in the way of having a pint together at a game. 

But do you genuinely agree with Bolty that Lineker should be stopped from presenting based on his personal opinion? Whilst I thought Clarkson's joke on Markle went a little too far - I'd call out anyone who wanted to take away his right to make TV after expressing it. Same goes both ways surely? 

Fq4a9oLX0AYyZUT?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Bolty's head is going to explode 

“Inevitable bite on the arse of woke culture…..wake up call….tables turned….no politics in football….taste of their own medicine….well done the Tories…bbc in disarray…come south for rebellion…..large bowl of trifle….Sinn Feins fault….I’m really hot….scooters are better than cars….”

18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Clarkson wrote an article that was in poor taste but he shouldn't have been pilloried they way he was. It was stupid and he should have apologised properly (he didnt) and then that should have been the end of it.

Different to Lineker imo.

My take, Clarkson wrote an article that he got paid for, Lineker did it on his own time, if he had done it on MOTD then off with his head, but he didn't

Edited by tyldesley_white

34 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fq4a9oLX0AYyZUT?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wow, just wow. 

I even had to google if this was true 😂

I await Bolty’s anti-Clarkson rant in the morning.

Good to Lineker’s colleagues supporting him, even if their views differ. Not sure anyone on here could take the job of a colleague who had been treated similarly by their boss. Be interesting to see who has the balls to present tomorrow….

58 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I’d agree the only thing that differs, is that they’re both working for a massive company, no doubt when they signed contracts they would have been given a list of rules/guidelines they need to abide by, if you’re breaking those rules, whether you’re left, right or centre then you have to face the consequences. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’d agree the only thing that differs, is that they’re both working for a massive company, no doubt when they signed contracts they would have been given a list of rules/guidelines they need to abide by, if you’re breaking those rules, whether you’re left, right or centre then you have to face the consequences.

differ
/ˈdɪfə/
verb
3rd person present: differs
  1. be unlike or dissimilar.
    "the second set of data differed from the first"

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’d agree the only thing that differs, is that they’re both working for a massive company, no doubt when they signed contracts they would have been given a list of rules/guidelines they need to abide by, if you’re breaking those rules, whether you’re left, right or centre then you have to face the consequences. 

Nah pal, come off it, those contracts are blurry to say least.

Just be honest, whatever you think of his opinions. Do you really believe the BBC have made the right decision re tomorrow night? 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Nah pal, come off it, those contracts are blurry to say least.

Just be honest, whatever you think of his opinions. Do you really believe the BBC have made the right decision re tomorrow night? 

I’ve not seen the contract, I can’t see the BBC handing out contracts without some kind of agreement. They’ve made the right decision if he’s broke their rules. If there’s nothing there then they’ve fucked up. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’ve not seen the contract, I can’t see the BBC handing out contracts without some kind of agreement. They’ve made the right decision if he’s broke their rules. If there’s nothing there then they’ve fucked up. 

Fuck me.

Well there we are.

For all our differences of opinion and rows on here, I genuinely didn’t believe you’d be someone who made an excuse for this.

Fair enough 

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Imagine Gaz had tweeted something right leaning.

The gammon screechers would be all over it :D

There has been some very outspoken people on here in recent years years with plenty to say on woke culture. And fair do’s, they’ve made decent points. 

Can’t hear a squeak tonight though.

I’ve new found respect for Jeremy Clarkson, maybe I will have to give his farming show a watch after all.

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Fuck me.

Well there we are.

For all our differences of opinion and rows on here, I genuinely didn’t believe you’d be someone who made an excuse for this.

Fair enough 

😂😂 there’s no excuse, if he’s broke the rules then he’s gone if he’s not then time to speak to his lawyers. 

Bit of whataboutery as we all like that.

What’s the line for freedom of speech? How many times have we seen on social media, especially Twitter, someone make a fool of themselves and say something they probably didn’t mean. Within minutes, again left and right, the person who fucked up has his employers name plastered all over social media. Now this isn’t the face of the BBC we are taking about, this is little Johnny who works for a plumbing firm. Johnny is sacked before he wakes up from his drunken slumber. So where’s the line? (Im sure the BBC have one) 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Woke, cancel cuture, freedom of speech.

Fuck me this is meat and drink normally for the GB news gimps.

Boots on the other foot now and it's nah theres nothing to see here. 

Hypocrites to a man.

Nothing to do with freedom of speech. He hasn't been banned from twitter. He's been told to behave in a manner that other bbc employees/contactors have to.

Fucks sake, there are hundreds of thousands of folk who are bound by conditions of employment over what they say. My wife being one of them. If she went on such a tirade, she could well be sacked, and not suspended or whatever Lineker's situation is.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants- just remove himself from the bbc which has its charter and includes impartiality restrictions. 

Other bbc employees have also been "removed" for breaching their contract in a similar way, and lineker is no different. 

It's quite simple: if you don't want to be bound by such agreements, don't work for an organisation that has them.

Though no doubt a few million per year might sway the moral compass.

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂😂 there’s no excuse, if he’s broke the rules then he’s gone if he’s not then time to speak to his lawyers. 

Bit of whataboutery as we all like that.

What’s the line for freedom of speech? How many times have we seen on social media, especially Twitter, someone make a fool of themselves and say something they probably didn’t mean. Within minutes, again left and right, the person who fucked up has his employers name plastered all over social media. Now this isn’t the face of the BBC we are taking about, this is little Johnny who works for a plumbing firm. Johnny is sacked before he wakes up from his drunken slumber. So where’s the line? (Im sure the BBC have one) 

Where is the whataboutery? This is the second time you've said this, but I don't think I've seen a post where someone in support of Lineker has said, "Yeah, but what about..?"