Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, royal white said:

But if your employer has set out some pretty basic rules 

You really need to go back and re-read your link mate, all the way through 

those ‘rules’ are clearly very blurry. You could take it either way and they could quite easily be taken apart in court if a full dismissal happened.

Probably best to apply the ‘rules’ to everyone if you want them to work. Including your company chairman 🙈🙈

Tonight has been revolutionary 😂

night mate, the last word is all yours

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, globaldiver said:

We remain in a civil war, just without bullets, at this stage.

You’ve got to feel a bit sorry for those on the side of this who’ve just had the rug pulled from under them. Stood there, on a moral high horse of bemoaning the Wokes, only to find they were more Woke than the Wokes all along.

And to rub salt into the wound, the BBC are the ones to pull the rug.

Fucking, ouch.

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

You really need to go back and re-read your link mate, all the way through 

those ‘rules’ are clearly very blurry. You could take it either way and they could quite easily be taken apart in court if a full dismissal happened.

Probably best to apply the ‘rules’ to everyone if you want them to work. Including your company chairman 🙈🙈

Tonight has been revolutionary 😂

night mate, the last word is all yours

He’s broke rules in the past, he’s been warned. Simples.

Yes apply them to everyone, I’m not sure who’s saying they shouldn’t be applied to everyone. 

“Miss miss he’s been calling people names as well”! Like a school playground grasses everywhere 😂😂

36 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The BBC has a very stringent policy on impartiality - as an organisation funded by the taxpayer it practically has to - and Lineker seems pretty clearly to be in breach of it despite previously being given a warning.

He's the corporation's highest paid (and probably highest profile) employee and if they can't be seen to enforce their impartiality policy on him then it falls down like a house of cards.

It seems obvious matters were eventually going to come to a head.

So how can the chair of the BBC be impartial if he's gifting the Tory party £400k?

16 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

We remain in a civil war, just without bullets, at this stage.

Started by the Tories.

As that bloke on QT said last night, they have fuck all else to go into an election with.

Hence the carefully scripted language they are using.

Make no mistake, this has been 'war gamed' at Tory HQ.

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Depends upon conditions set out by your employer. 

A discussion going on now: although he's not employed directly by them, he may still be bound by their rules.

A presenter explaining that they left the bbc (again a free lancer) as she couldn't express her views and wanted to. 

Which is what Lineker should do.

Then again it's also been suggested that following the removal of a number of older colleagues, that as a 62 year old, maybe he's been doing this to keep himself in the limelight so to speak.

The BBC were happy for him to be vocal about Qatar's human rights. Is that not political?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

You're just making a load of stuff up to have a pop at a bloke who had a pop at a proposed policy on migrant boats.

Having a pop at a proposed policy that even the Govt have admitted might not be legal.

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

There you go.

Your last sentence explains this whole shitshow.

Well, maybe. But for what it's worth, the power mostly rests with the Director-General.

The BBC has skirted round disciplining its big hitters, including Lineker, on impartiality for quite a while but it I suppose there has to be a limit at some point.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, maybe. But for what it's worth, the power mostly rests with the Director-General.

The BBC has skirted round disciplining its big hitters, including Lineker, on impartiality for quite a while but it I suppose there has to be a limit at some point.

So BBC say nothing every time Lineker voices an opinion based on current politics so Lineker continues. Then BBC boot him for continued voicing of opinion.

I wonder if anyone actually told him to rein it in or there’ll be consequences.

28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So BBC say nothing every time Lineker voices an opinion based on current politics so Lineker continues. Then BBC boot him for continued voicing of opinion.

I wonder if anyone actually told him to rein it in or there’ll be consequences.

They’ve spoken to him before about his tweets, he knows what he’s doing. 

• Site Supporter

I do hope the angry men having their full English breakfasts in benidorm this morning are combing the socials and getting ready to unleash their woke fury on any and all BBC staff who’ve ever uttered an opinion.

It’s all about consistency fellas. When you’re being a wokie 

• Members
13 hours ago, Spider said:

“Not read the tweet and have no intention of seeking it out. I like Lineker and think the Tories are lower than whale shit.

There is no such as bad publicity”

8BCFC425-38BF-43BA-953F-F58E2878E0BE.jpeg

This is a fact. There is not. He's propelled himself to the top of the news across a large part of the world. Proves the point.

• Members
13 hours ago, Spider said:

So the Gammonites have, in the end, turned out to be hypocrites. The snowflakes’ snowflake.

Those years of decrying cancel culture, claiming it’s beneath them, lower than low - and here we are, their cheeks all red and flappy because a crisp salesman said he didn’t like Tories on the Twitter.

Its so humiliating.

No it isn't. A victory for the true believers. Finish the job and terminate the twats contract.

• Members
12 hours ago, Spider said:

Silent majority my arse

The wailing can be heard on Mars

It's losers that wail matey as we have seen for a few years now. We won this one too.

Mind you, debatable whether you won or lost the other one?

• Members
12 hours ago, Spider said:

“Inevitable bite on the arse of woke culture…..wake up call….tables turned….no politics in football….taste of their own medicine….well done the Tories…bbc in disarray…come south for rebellion…..large bowl of trifle….Sinn Feins fault….I’m really hot….scooters are better than cars….”

You want to go back on to my list don't you? I gave you some credit for reasonable posts in recent times but it seems you have returned to the kindergarten playground.

Thickbrown doesn't seem to understand. I didn't lose this one (either) so calmly celebrating with a White Rabbit Dark Ale. Hair of the dog after last nights Bollinger excesses.

One step further and sack him now. I'll toast the arseholes demise.

• Members
11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Wow, just wow. 

I even had to google if this was true 😂

I await Bolty’s anti-Clarkson rant in the morning.

Good to Lineker’s colleagues supporting him, even if their views differ. Not sure anyone on here could take the job of a colleague who had been treated similarly by their boss. Be interesting to see who has the balls to present tomorrow….

Wow? 😁 Gosh. You won't be getting any anti Clarkson comments from me as well you know.