Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

🤦🏻🤦🏻 it doesn’t matter what kind of company you are, there’s guidelines and rules. BBC have sacked people before for miss-use of social media, it’s likely it will happen again. 

Eee, you're not covering yourself in glory this morning. As I say even as a bit of a wind up, you can be better than this.

Of course it matters, just think about it why.it does.

And as for the guidelines, he hasn't 'broken' anything, which is why this has blown up in the Beebs face, as LW says best to read your links before you post them.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And, the "Least Self-Aware Tweet of the Year" Award goes to...

Also, his tweet didn't mention the Labour party as far as I'm aware.

I believe you can critise this government and not be a Labour supporter.

I've got Conservative friends who are despairing of this government.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Even if that is the case, equating the two is a huge stretch.

I'm not equating the two, for what it's worth.

I just think it was pretty clear he wasn't being got rid of simply because they wanted a refresh.

No mainstream broadcaster is going to tolerate his kind of conspiracy theories.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Eee, you're not covering yourself in glory this morning. As I say even as a bit of a wind up, you can be better than this.

Of course it matters, just think about it why.it does.

And as for the guidelines, he hasn't 'broken' anything, which is why this has blown up in the Beebs face, as LW says best to read your links before you post them.

As I’ve said numerous times on here he’s broken them in the past, he knew what he was doing. He’s got his publicity and will probably start a better paid job in the next few weeks 

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not equating the two, for what it's worth.

I just think it was pretty clear he wasn't being got rid of simply because they wanted a refresh.

No mainstream broadcaster is going to tolerate his kind of conspiracy theories.

Well, as I say, unless we know its all guesswork. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

As I’ve said numerous times on here he’s broken them in the past, he knew what he was doing. He’s got his publicity and will probably start a better paid job in the next few weeks 

Broken what exactly? He's not in breach of his contract, the guidelines are open for interpretation based on the job you hold in the company (hence the old all views are my own line for many on twitter) he's not brought the BBC into disrepute.

It's all rather easy. There is pressure within the beeb regarding open criticism of the government, that's why no one is stepping in to replace him today. If it was as simple as you think, they'd have no trouble at all finding a replacement for tonight's show.

And now they don't have a presenter for football focus 😆

They've right royally fucked this up. Simples.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Amazing, Rishi Sunak is to blame for this 🤦🏻

I watched that last night. There was a bloke on it with no arms who plays a French horn with his feet. I felt a bit sick

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Broken what exactly? He's not in breach of his contract, the guidelines are open for interpretation based on the job you hold in the company (hence the old all views are my own line for many on twitter) he's not brought the BBC into disrepute.

It's all rather easy. There is pressure within the beeb regarding open criticism of the government, that's why no one is stepping in to replace him today. If it was as simple as you think, they'd have no trouble at all finding a replacement for tonight's show.

And now they don't have a presenter for football focus 😆

They've right royally fucked this up. Simples.

Impartiality rule.

35 minutes ago, royal white said:

He’s broke rules in the past, he knew exactly what he was doing. I don’t know how many times I have to say it I believe in freedom of speech but there’s also a line, if it’s crossed you’re gone. It’s simple. Where was this outpouring of grief and rage when Matt Le tiss was sacked? 

Speaking of ex footballers who are now full time tinfoil crackpots. Yesterday i discovered ex Cardiff David Cotterill :D

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Lineker was right to suggest the Tories are using inflammatory language, but you're always on thin ice when you mention the Nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin confirmed a few years ago that his "Law" doesn't apply if the actions/language referred to are actually reminiscent of those employed by the Nazi's. Which is the case here.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

So are you saying he didn’t break them in the past? 

Just say if you’re not sure. 

Not really, you're just not interested in the debate, or the wider issues, as ever you want to boil it down to anover simplistic point.

That's your perogative, but I believe it to be wrong and ultimately boring because it (as it always does) ignore any context.

You're wrong about the guidelines, you have little idea about how these are managed and you happily sidestep the problems of those making the decisions on what constitutes impartiality, which is why this had become a huge problem.

And because of all that, I'm happy to let you go round and round trying to work out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin 😘

1 hour ago, royal white said:

He’s broke rules in the past, he knew exactly what he was doing. I don’t know how many times I have to say it I believe in freedom of speech but there’s also a line, if it’s crossed you’re gone. It’s simple. Where was this outpouring of grief and rage when Matt Le tiss was sacked? 

What rules?