Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, royal white said:

Did many complain when those mentioned mis tweeted? 

People don’t complain about Andrew Neil and Alan Sugar because they understand that these people are entitled to an opinion.

They may not like it, and go all Woke, but they’re still entitled to their opinion.

The problem here is that the defenders of free speech have gone after Lineker because - by no coincidence whatsoever - it’s an opinion they don’t like.

The tables have turned. And it’s properly funny watching red faced chubsters struggle with the cognitive dissonance.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

People don’t complain about Andrew Neil and Alan Sugar because they understand that these people are entitled to an opinion.

They may not like it, and go all Woke, but they’re still entitled to their opinion.

The problem here is that the defenders of free speech have gone after Lineker because - by no coincidence whatsoever - it’s an opinion they don’t like.

The tables have turned. And it’s properly funny watching red faced chubsters struggle with the cognitive dissonance.

It really is something to behold.  It has also spectacularly backfired.

4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Lineker comes across as I’m untouchable type, like most he will have a social media policy in his contract

Untouchable 😂😂

you’re making him sound likes he’s the leader of the Mexican cartel.

He’s a sports presenter who very occasionally posts left of centre views on social media.

I remember Frankie Worthy saying in one of his books that Lineker was a cunt who only cared about money and it's really tainted my view of him over the years. That and him being a massive titty liner.

Not relevant to the current news situation but just thought I'd mention it in passing.

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I remember Frankie Worthy saying in one of his books that Lineker was a cunt who only cared about money and it's really tainted my view of him over the years. That and him being a massive titty liner.

Not relevant to the current news situation but just thought I'd mention it in passing.

Frank Worthington left Leicester in 1977. Lineker was about 16 then.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Footballer only arsed about money?

Well, fuck me. Who’d a thowt?

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Spider said:

… this is their MOTD host. 

not relevant and I don’t know her views on boat peoples but just an excuse as you mentioned Italy …

93ADB585-BED6-4AF6-A486-71FA2FC65B94.webp

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

https://pod.link/1611374685/episode/625fbd67fa2ada3753206e4b6b00c885

The rest is politics latest is very very good and worth 45 mins of anyone's time as they cross so many subjects that lead into this main talking point.

The News Agents is very good too of course 😉

Just very good...well I am offended!😄

5 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Could easily earn more doing exactly what he is doing on Sky/ITV/BT/Somewhere in the Middle East. Sadly I'm too young to have seen Frank play but don't let your heroes rob you of your critical faculties. I wouldn't take advice on working capital management from John McGinlay for example.