Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

17 minutes ago, Ani said:

Assume the people who were equating this to a scorecard and it was inevitable their side were getting one back will acknowledge this as a loss ? 

absolutely no chance, unless Bolty proves everybody wrong, and does chalk it down as a "loss" for his side (whatever that is)

29 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Man back at work after his employer recognises they haven’t really got a leg to stand on🥳

@royal white - Another fella who got themselves in a right twist this weekend 😁

Some gems from the past few days :
"But if your employer has set out some pretty basic rules.
He’s broke rules in the past, he’s been warned. Simples.
Yes apply them to everyone, I’m not sure who’s saying they shouldn’t be applied to everyone. 
He knew the rules. 
Start a petition screech as loud as you can, get on Twitter and use your freedom of speech, phone the police, post on Facebook do what you want about it - Lineker still broke the rules.

BBC Director-General today - " We need an independent review of the guidance - there is a need to ensure that the guidance is up to this task. It should be clear, proportionate, and appropriate". 

@Spider - any spare booms going this morning? 💥

Edited by London Wanderer

19 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

He'll be fine. He can go back into his happy place moaning about the BBC being Pravda, or something.

Funny you say that...

Listening to the radio phone ins this weekend, there were as many people calling in to say the BBC to "left leaning" as there were calling in to say it's too "right leaning"  -  both sides, equally puddled in my opinion.

I did notice Fiona Bruce was coming in for a lot of stick though, as being particularly "right leaning" and always ensuring the Tories are "looked after" (I wouldn't know either way, as QT is just utter shit these days, and it basically looks like a shouting competition any time I see a bit of it) 

Just now, Sweep said:

Funny you say that...

Listening to the radio phone ins this weekend, there were as many people calling in to say the BBC to "left leaning" as there were calling in to say it's too "right leaning"  -  both sides, equally puddled in my opinion.

I did notice Fiona Bruce was coming in for a lot of stick though, as being particularly "right leaning" and always ensuring the Tories are "looked after" (I wouldn't know either way, as QT is just utter shit these days, and it basically looks like a shouting competition any time I see a bit of it) 

Bruce gets grief as her hubby is a major donor. I watch QT she is weak rather than biased IMO 

28 minutes ago, Ani said:

Assume the people who were equating this to a scorecard and it was inevitable their side were getting one back will acknowledge this as a loss ? 

Perhaps you could say that VAR ruled it well offside

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Zico said:

will be interesting to see who is appointed to do a review of the bbc's guidelines

I doubt it will someone who's ever been associated with the BBC

so will be interesting to see what the cut off point they come up, if any, is for non poltical correspondants to be able to say "what they want"

Sue Gray.

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

@royal white - Another fella who got themselves in a right twist this weekend 😁

Some gems from the past few days :
"But if your employer has set out some pretty basic rules.
He’s broke rules in the past, he’s been warned. Simples.
Yes apply them to everyone, I’m not sure who’s saying they shouldn’t be applied to everyone. 
He knew the rules. 
Start a petition screech as loud as you can, get on Twitter and use your freedom of speech, phone the police, post on Facebook do what you want about it - Lineker still broke the rules.

BBC Director-General today - " We need an independent review of the guidance - there is a need to ensure that the guidance is up to this task. It should be clear, proportionate, and appropriate". 

@Spider - any spare booms going this morning? 💥

Again you only post what suits you. Why not post if he hasn’t broken the rules then he should sue them? 

Oh and As for the first part that’s very much true.

As for the BBC you have the right saying it’s left and the left saying it’s right which for me pretty much confirms it’s pretty centre. 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Bruce gets grief as her hubby is a major donor. I watch QT she is weak rather than biased IMO 

I don't think he's a donor. I could be wrong. I believe his media compnay does get paid by the government to advise them and works with them on media ads. To be honest, if the government came to me and paid us to work on their media campaigns, I'd bite their hands off, just another client.

I don't think should stop a partner from working for the BBC.

I think accusations of bias are a bit over-egged, you see what you want to see and if some people accusse the BBC of left-leaning bias, and another accuse them of right-leaning bias - then they are probably steering the ship ok.

23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Ahhh okay.

It was just when you said “How does it feel lads? 💦”, on this football forum,   I assumed you were talking to us. 

My bad. Good to see we’re in agreement then 👍

As for being cancelled on here. Grey was hounded out by some on here for things he said involving another poster. It does happen.

Don't come on here often but recently, false aligations of racism towards certain posters seems acceptable on here.

Shouldn't the accused involved be cancelled immediately or is it ok to falsely accuse someone with no evidence on here?

4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Again you only post what suits you. Why not post if he hasn’t broken the rules then he should sue them? 

Oh and As for the first part that’s very much true.

As for the BBC you have the right saying it’s left and the left saying it’s right which for me pretty much confirms it’s pretty centre. 

Haha. Because it was more fun watching you getting in a twist all weekend. You went full circle from 'he's definitely broken the rules and you're all screeching'. To - 'well maybe the guidance is pretty vague after all and he could sue them'. Lovely. 

Totally agree re the BBC - they get an equal amount of complaints for being biased from lefties as right-wingers apparently. You don't much better evidence of them being centre than that. Strange that folk like Bolty still think their biased. 

It will all be old news after tomorrow anyway, a few months at least. I'll see you then 👍

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Haha. Because it was more fun watching you getting in a twist all weekend. You went full circle from 'he's definitely broken the rules and you're all screeching'. To - 'well maybe the guidance is pretty vague after all and he could sue them'. Lovely. 

Totally agree re the BBC - they get an equal amount of complaints for being biased from lefties as right-wingers apparently. You don't much better evidence of them being centre than that. Strange that folk like Bolty still think their biased. 

It will all be old news after tomorrow anyway, a few months at least. I'll see you then 👍

All weekend 😂😂

I posted this Saturday morning. 

“I believe he should be sacked as he broke the rules/guidelines from his employer after receiving warnings in the past. If he hasn’t broken them then he should get his job back. Simples”

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

All weekend 😂😂

“I believe he should be sacked as he broke the rules/guidelines from his employer after receiving warnings in the past. If he hasn’t broken them then he should get his job back. Simples”

He wasn't "sacked" anyway. Unlike a number of other folk elsewhere.

Agreement now reached. We'll see what happens.

Didn't think he'd walk away to another organisation without the impartiality situation. 

46 minutes ago, Zico said:

will be interesting to see who is appointed to do a review of the bbc's guidelines

I doubt it will someone who's ever been associated with the BBC

so will be interesting to see what the cut off point they come up, if any, is for non poltical correspondants to be able to say "what they want"

It'll be Stanley Johnson.

17 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

As for being cancelled on here. Grey was hounded out by some on here for things he said involving another poster. It does happen.

Don't come on here often but recently, false aligations of racism towards certain posters seems acceptable on here.

Shouldn't the accused involved be cancelled immediately or is it ok to falsely accuse someone with no evidence on here?

ahhh okay - so now I see you were directing your comment to people on here and it was based on something. got there in the end. Fair do's. I personally defended Grey the time he was called a racist on here. The other accusations made against him by a certain poster were awful. Don't think he wasn't supported, he'd probably just had enough. 

In answer to your last question - I don't agree with cancel culture. I have to be honest, I had my suspicions when you posted a video of a Neo-Nazi to support your views. You quickly reassured us all that you didn't actually know who he was so that's that settled then👍 I chose not to call you a racist at the time and listened to your response, but I would hardly be a cunt for making the assumption when the first video was posted. My rambly point here, is it's not always clear and folk are entitled to their opinion. People call Cheese out all the time but I don't he should be banned for calling folk racist. The same goes for JK Rowling and Jeremy Clarkson etc. etc. Cancel culture is fucked - It's a surprise those that have been critiquing it for years couldn't spot it this weekend. 

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

To be honest, if the government came to me and paid us to work on their media campaigns, I'd bite their hands off, just another client.

aye, I'm working on Cherie Blair's website today

• Site Supporter

Doh!

China’s BYD blames Brexit as it rules out UK for first electric car plant in Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/mar/12/china-byd-blames-brexit-as-it-rules-out-uk-for-first-european-car-plant

“As an investor we want a country to be stable,” said Michael Shu, BYD’s European president, speaking to the Financial Times. “To open a factory is a decision for decades. Without Brexit, maybe. But after Brexit, we don’t understand what happened.”

“The UK doesn’t have a very good solution,” said Shu. “Even on the long list we didn’t have the UK.”

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

All weekend 😂😂

mate I couldn't keep up - one minute you said he had to go and the rules were simple. Then the next minute you were saying it wasn't so clear and maybe he could get his job back.

You got there by Sunday 😉

9 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

mate I couldn't keep up - one minute you said he had to go and the rules were simple. Then the next minute you were saying it wasn't so clear and maybe he could get his job back.

You got there by Sunday 😉

No that was you putting your spin on things as I pointed out to you on Sunday morning.

You keep trying to put a spin on things. I’ll break it down for you. Make it nice and easy. 

I don’t care if you’re left, right or centre, I believe in freedom of speech. I also believe big firms are right to put in guidelines as to what you can and can’t say on social media. Especially with organisations like the BBC. If linekar has broken his agreement and refuses to apologise then the BBC have no other option. If theBBC have fucked up then lineker needs to Sue them