Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

No that was you putting your spin on things as I pointed out to you on Sunday morning.

You keep trying to put a spin on things. I’ll break it down for you. Make it nice and easy. 

I don’t care if you’re left, right or centre, I believe in freedom of speech. I also believe big firms are right to put in guidelines as to what you can and can’t say on social media. Especially with organisations like the BBC. If linekar has broken his agreement and refuses to apologise then the BBC have no other option. If theBBC have fucked up then lineker needs to Sue them

Mate, I made the point that you were getting in a bit of twist. You can keep posting if you wish, but all you're doing is showing us how many different opinions you expressed since this all began. Which only proves my point. 

As I said earlier, it's good that you got there by Sunday 👍 I've changed my mind on here before after having discussions, it's no bad thing. 

Can we leave it there now ? 

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Mate, I made the point that you were getting in a bit of twist. You can keep posting if you wish, but all you're doing is showing us how many different opinions you expressed since this all began. Which only proves my point. 

As I said earlier, it's good that you got there by Sunday 👍 I've changed my mind on here before after having discussions, it's no bad thing. 

Can we leave it there now ? 

I know you’re desperate for the last word as per, and you can continue to put your spin on it, but my post on sat morning and throughout have shown I’ve been slap bang in the middle of all this and my views are still the same. If you break rules you go, if you don’t you’re safe. Regardless of who or what you support. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m just glad it’s all over.

Lets be honest, it’s all a bit fckin pathetic 

Funny at times though.

Now then, what about Fiona Bruce?

just had a read up on this

she was legally obligated to clarify the situation/question

I don't think she needed to point out his mates reckon it was a "one off" though

38 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Doh!

China’s BYD blames Brexit as it rules out UK for first electric car plant in Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/mar/12/china-byd-blames-brexit-as-it-rules-out-uk-for-first-european-car-plant

“As an investor we want a country to be stable,” said Michael Shu, BYD’s European president, speaking to the Financial Times. “To open a factory is a decision for decades. Without Brexit, maybe. But after Brexit, we don’t understand what happened.”

“The UK doesn’t have a very good solution,” said Shu. “Even on the long list we didn’t have the UK.”

I will bet they go to Poland or Hungary.... Its all about cheap Labour.... Thankfully we make the real deal.. 

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2023/02/24/bae-systems-record-military-orders/

Funny you only post negatives.. what  a bell end!!  

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

I know you’re desperate for the last word as per, and you can continue to put your spin on it, but my post on sat morning and throughout have shown I’ve been slap bang in the middle of all this and my views are still the same. If you break rules you go, if you don’t you’re safe. Regardless of who or what you support. 

"Start a petition screech as loud as you can, get on Twitter and use your freedom of speech, phone the police, post on Facebook do what you want about it. 
Linekar still broke the rules. 
Unfortunately, and rightly or wrongly, shit rolls downhill. linekar is below them".

This is definitely the post of someone who knew exactly where they stood on all this 👍 Only putting a spin on your own spinning.

Edited by London Wanderer

15 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

"Start a petition screech as loud as you can, get on Twitter and use your freedom of speech, phone the police, post on Facebook do what you want about it. 
Linekar still broke the rules. 
Unfortunately, and rightly or wrongly, shit rolls downhill. linekar is below them".

This is definitely the post of someone who knew exactly where they stood on all this 👍 Only putting a spin on your own spinning.

Yep, I was listening to what the BBC said instead of people on social media were saying. Which is also why I posted if the BBC have fucked up he should sue  and get his job back. 

Keep trying for that last post. 

Grey had a personal "feud" with another poster and they knew each other from way back.

Grey left (IMO) because he was pissed off with loads of gullibles believing every word the Walter Mitty character said and because Grey got stick from some quarters for calling the liar out.

He wasn't hounded out, he just got pissed off with the forum. Grey's a decent sort and anyone who knows him will tell you that he's made of stronger stuff than being hounded off an internet forum.

Edited by Traf
grammar

36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I will bet they go to Poland or Hungary.... Its all about cheap Labour.... Thankfully we make the real deal.. 

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2023/02/24/bae-systems-record-military-orders/

Funny you only post negatives.. what  a bell end!!  

The BAE orders are good news, the EV car one not as good - rough and smooth.....let's hope the war in Ukraine lasts quite a bit longer, so we get further orders coming into the country

In reality, at present, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to set up a new automotive production facility here in the UK, even the most ardent of Brexit lovers would agree I'm sure. Maybe if things change in a few years it'll be different, but for now, it's not really a big surprise to anybody that this particular company would prefer to do something within the EU

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Grey had a personal "feud" with another poster and they knew each other from way back.

Grey left (IMO) because he was pissed off with loads of gullibles believing every word the Walter Mitty character said and becasue grey got stick from some quarters for calling the liar out.

He wasn't hounded out, he just got pissed off with the forum. Grey's a decent sort and anyone who knows him will tell that made of stronger stuff than being hounded off an internet forum.

that's pretty much it, as far as I can recall

17 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The BAE orders are good news, the EV car one not as good - rough and smooth.....let's hope the war in Ukraine lasts quite a bit longer, so we get further orders coming into the country

In reality, at present, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to set up a new automotive production facility here in the UK, even the most ardent of Brexit lovers would agree I'm sure. Maybe if things change in a few years it'll be different, but for now, it's not really a big surprise to anybody that this particular company would prefer to do something within the EU

Germany/France or Hungary/Poland....I think they will choose the cheapest option. While we need to get our act together regarding car manufacturing.. ultimately this isn't the manufacturing market the UK needs to be targeting. The BAE business is the real deal, let the likes of Hungary/Poland take the manufacturing at the lower end of the market. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Germany/France or Hungary/Poland....I think they will choose the cheapest option. While we need to get our act together regarding car manufacturing.. ultimately this isn't the manufacturing market the UK needs to be targeting. The BAE business is the real deal, let the likes of Hungary/Poland take the manufacturing at the lower end of the market. 

Maybe, I personally think they'll go with setting something up in Germany. All the battery and battery/energy storage manufacturers we deal with are setting up in Germany at the minute, and in the main they say it's because of the advanced work force and infrastructure. Either way, we'll soon find out, it's a shame that at the minute we're not even under consideration.

I agree that we should be targeting high end manufacturing, but there's no reason we couldn't/shouldn't be looking at targeting both "high end" also "low end fulfilment" manufacturing. Without knowing the profit margins, supply chains (local or not?!?) and employment levels involved, I couldn't tell you which of the deals, BAE or BYD is actually better for the economy......which is why I'd like us to be able to do both

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Grey left (IMO) because he was pissed off with loads of gullibles believing every word the Walter Mitty character said and because Grey got stick from some quarters for calling the liar out.

He wasn't hounded out, he just got pissed off with the forum. Grey's a decent sort and anyone who knows him will tell you that he's made of stronger stuff than being hounded off an internet forum.

Aye he certainly wasn’t hounded out

The other poster should’ve been banned for a comment but was allowed to carry on posting but at the time was the golden boy on here 

1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

It did.

Read the other replies. It didn't.

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Aye he certainly wasn’t hounded out

The other poster should’ve been banned for a comment but was allowed to carry on posting but at the time was the golden boy on here 

Its been done to death but the lad was clearly mentality ill and some thought it be best to just leave the lad alone and let him live in his fantasy world online rather confronting him. Folk just took him at face value till it all started to unravel.

I and many others had no idea how deep he was in with it all. 

No idea how Grey kept his cool with the stuff he said about him. Fair play to him, hes a sound guy and like you say was never hounded out.