Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, BobyBrno said:

I listened to a lot of Tories and business leaders like Dyson who said dealing with Europe would be effortless.They were still the more prominent voices at the time.

Who were the “right” people?

And how do you know who they are at the time? Because 52% of people (inc Mounts, Bolty and co) we’re clearly listening to the “wrong” people as well.

Actually, I’ll ask them @Mounts Kipper @bolty58 @globaldiver - who did you listen to about the Brexit vote? Because Boby says they were the wrong ones. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Just to confirm you didn’t vote for them in the last 12 years? It’s  Just I remember you saying you’re usually a Tory but wouldn’t vote Boris (which is a bit weird as he was the main men behind Brexit but that’s another story) 

Fuckinell. You need to eat more fish or something because I’ve answered this at least 3 times and you keep forgetting.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I listened to a lot of Tories and business leaders like Dyson who said dealing with Europe would be effortless.They were still the more prominent voices at the time.

The official Tory Government recommendation at the time was to remain. Cameron and Osborne both campaigned to remain. You listened to the wrong Tories.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’ve changed your stories that many times.

Tory/Labour

leave/Remain

United/Bolton

forgive me for losing track, 

I voted Labour once in the 90's

You do know you're allowed to read manifestos and base your decision on that don't you? You do know many people routinely vote in that fashion - rather than just follow a man in a rosette around the estate with bright red cheeks and their tongues hanging out?

I know you don't vote, so maybe you're not up to speed on the dynamics. You should maybe give it a try next time, but if you want to do it properly, it will involve you having to take a bit of a leap of faith behind the party you eventually opt for based on the information available at the time.

And if you're stuck on an oil rig in the Atlantic, postal vote may be an option.

As for football, I know plenty of grown men who feel obliged to plaster their social feeds and matchday flags with scotch nonsense as they seem not to like Bolton quite enough 🙂

1 minute ago, Spider said:

You do know you're allowed to read manifestos and base your decision on that don't you? You do know many people routinely vote in that fashion - rather than just follow a man in a rosette around the estate with bright red cheeks and their tongues hanging out?

I know you don't vote, so maybe you're not up to speed on the dynamics. You should maybe give it a try next time, but if you want to do it properly, it will involve you having to take a bit of a leap of faith behind the party you eventually opt for based on the information available at the time.

And if you're stuck on an oil rig in the Atlantic, postal vote may be an option.

As for football, I know plenty of grown men who feel obliged to plaster their social feeds and matchday flags with scotch nonsense as they seem not to like Bolton quite enough 🙂

It’s ok you don’t need to explain yourself. Just the “I ain’t voting tory under Boris” leaves a good few years to question 👍

Just now, Spider said:

My dad was a communist when he was a student, then a Labour Councillor, then left because he didn't agree with the unions, then Conservative under thatcher, then voted Blair because of the academy system as a head...

I'm not sure some folk understand than time, personal situations and parties change voting intentions.

It's very odd.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

My dad was a communist when he was a student, then a Labour Councillor, then left because he didn't agree with the unions, then Conservative under thatcher, then voted Blair because of the academy system as a head...

I'm not sure some folk understand than time, personal situations and parties change voting intentions.

It's very odd.

BlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlueBlue 

RedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBadRedBad

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not so long ago you posted that you knew little or nothing of poitics.

It is without doubt that folk in general have taken more of an interest in recent years. 

However, if you're hoping for mass reading of manifestos, you're in for a disappointment. Not going to happen. Moreover, as events transpire; ideas, promises etc change accordingly. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not so long ago you posted that you knew little or nothing of poitics.

It is without doubt that folk in general have taken more of an interest in recent years. 

However, if you're hoping for mass reading of manifestos, you're in for a disappointment. Not going to happen. Moreover, as events transpire; ideas, promises etc change accordingly. 

What exactly did I post?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Numbers accepted by other nations are irrelevant. 

There are many reasons for this, it is however also the casethat we accept a greater proportion of applications than other major European nations.

As we all know, we don't have the infrastructure to cope, so numbers have to be managed.

Isnt it also a case that we get a much lower number of applications, and as a result, a lower number, but higher proportion, of succesful applicants ?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Isnt it also a case that we get a much lower number of applications, and as a result, a lower number, but higher proportion, of succesful applicants ?

Correct. The rest of Europe are processing far more claims, dealing with far more immigration and not being twatty about it.

We are 'lucky' we have a sea border yet the government use the language of invasion and illegal which diminishes our standing and reputation. Ask the next Maggie, sorry Theresa for her opinion.

The Tories have gone full on populism because they can't actually state anything good at the moment, which is a sorry state of affairs. 

20 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Correct. The rest of Europe are processing far more claims, dealing with far more immigration and not being twatty about it.

We are 'lucky' we have a sea border yet the government use the language of invasion and illegal which diminishes our standing and reputation. Ask the next Maggie, sorry Theresa for her opinion.

The Tories have gone full on populism because they can't actually state anything good at the moment, which is a sorry state of affairs. 

Really?