Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

It gets worse by the week. That clown from the Conservative Party might as well have stayed at home. 

He got obliterated by everyone who spoke.

Although I particularly liked, "Hands up who thinks Boris Johnson didn't lie yesterday"... tumbleweed. 

8 hours ago, royal white said:

It gets worse by the week. That clown from the Conservative Party might as well have stayed at home. 

For months now they have gone there and had to dodge questions  that relate to Boris and his cronies. There was decorating the office, partygate, that prick going in the jungle, honours for his dad and the committee. 

They are scared to criticise him even when everyone in the room thinks he is a liar. They look so fucking weak. 

9 hours ago, Ani said:

For months now they have gone there and had to dodge questions  that relate to Boris and his cronies. There was decorating the office, partygate, that prick going in the jungle, honours for his dad and the committee. 

They are scared to criticise him even when everyone in the room thinks he is a liar. They look so fucking weak. 

They are scared to admit they had a fraud and a liar who undermined democracy as leader.  Someone they constantly had to lie and make excuses for. No wonder they don’t want to answer the question as it means looking in the mirror and reflecting on their own integrity.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it against. Priory #1 is themselves. Priority #2 is their party (because that directly helps themselves). Priority #3 (at best) is their constituents / the good of the nation.

I think you’re kidding yourself that there’s a priority #3.

Priority #3 ought to read, Revert to #1

According to this recent report from the Centre for Cities, the UK has a housing shortfall of around 4 million homes.

That figure is obviously disputable, but there's no doubt we need more housing for our rising population - as every country does - and it's a lot of houses not built.

So my workings off the back of a fag packet are:

£6 million a day cost of housing refugees in hotels (it's less as this includes food allowance etc)

Median cost of house building in UK = £2400/m2

£6 mill / 2400 = 2500 m2 per day

Average area of a large 2 bed flat that sleeps 4 = 85 m2 = approx 30 flats a day = 120 people accommodated per day

Approx 120k refugees awaiting a decision = 1000 days to build houses to accommodate the backlog of "unprocessed" refugees

If and when the government gets it's act together re "processing" then some flats would become available  for social housing depending on level of new arrivals and further building would meet social housing needs.

Loads of obvious debates with the actual figures but it's about the principle - isn't it better to invest increasingly in housing and simultaneously reduce cost of temporary accommodation over time in order to end up with functional housing assets for UK PLC?

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Someone’s not happy. 

Hes as culpable as anyone for this big pile of steaming turd we currently have in office.

He was completely unelectable from the start and allowed the tories to have free reign and snowball themselves in to one big giant ball of self serving, corrupt, lying, bent bastard scuzz thats lodged itself in power.

• Moderators
On 26/03/2023 at 23:21, Jol_BWFC said:

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it against. Priory #1 is themselves. Priority #2 is their party (because that directly helps themselves). Priority #3 (at best) is their constituents / the good of the nation.

Aye, makes you wonder how many politicians get into politics for the greater good compared to being good for business (certainly the blue ones)

And how can they be considered second jobs if the pay or rate of pay is far greater