Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

55 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s interesting the guardian article headline goes with the fall in fruit picking rather than the larger increase in mineral fuel exports to the EU… suppose the headline chosen keeps the FBPE mob happy. Anyhow the red tape used by the EU to divert sales away from UK fruit businesses is a disgrace… while we import from the EU and allow EU businesses simple and unfettered access to UK markets… they’ve still not got over it. 🇬🇧

Here’s the thing, they have a free and large market in operation that allows them to choose. We are an island that has made it harder to do business with our nearest neighbours. This is what you voted for 

Just now, Farrelli said:

Here’s the thing, they have a free and large market in operation that allows them to choose. We are an island that has made it harder to do business with our nearest neighbours. This is what you voted for 

But sales to eu from uk on food is at record highs according to the link I posted… exports in fuel exports also at record levels. What’s not to like? 🇬🇧

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But sales to eu from uk on food is at record highs according to the link I posted… exports in fuel exports also at record levels. What’s not to like? 🇬🇧

I refer you to my earlier answer, you see what you want to see😎

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

They will never, ever admit it's been a mistake. Ever. 

Just got to slowly work around them like the rest of the country is trying to do as the cult of Brexit diminishes in number over time.

Just now, Farrelli said:

I go to the government website and look for the data… it says exports are up on all food exports, food managers article says exports at highest levels ever… think that’s conclusive evidence. Please feel free to post an alternative link that discredits the UK government and food managers articles. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Someone needs to tell our fruit growers that they’re all wrong and are clearly selling more than they think they are.

Fruits down, overall food and drink exports to eu is higher…. Please get your comments correct if you are going to join in. 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They will never, ever admit it's been a mistake. Ever. 

Just got to slowly work around them like the rest of the country is trying to do as the cult of Brexit diminishes in number over time.

Aye

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fruits down, overall food and drink exports to eu is higher…. Please get your comments correct if you are going to join in. 

What’s food inflation like at the moment?

• Site Supporter

And once more, from an article posted yesterday:

but continue to flag below pre-Brexit and pre-pandemic levels, with the Q1 2022 figure 17.3% lower than the 2019 equivalent. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

19%. 

I know a company that are selling less produce, and making less margin, but are selling at a higher value as prices are spiralling upwards.

If I sell an aircraft carrier for £100million , I can say I turned over £100million.

The fact that the aircraft carrier cost me £110million is a point we can simply ignore.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

And once more, from an article posted yesterday:

but continue to flag below pre-Brexit and pre-pandemic levels, with the Q1 2022 figure 17.3% lower than the 2019 equivalent. 

The food managers article say food sales to eu higher than ever before, HRMC report the same. Fruit is down by around 100 million, food exports are at record levels of 11 billion, the first time ever they’ve exceed 10 billion…. One number is bigger much bigger than the other. I’ve highlighted them to make it easy. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

53 minutes ago, Traf said:

That's excellent news, things are going up in price a little bit slower than last month.

The expectation was it would drop to 8%, stock market dropped about 1.5% on this news.