Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think you’re correct Sir. 

The IMF just make predictions on the data available at the time and that obviously shifts as more data is available. Wasn't the previous one not long after Kwarteng tanked the pound and shocked the markets? Hunt has since come in and steadied the ship.

43 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The IMF just make predictions on the data available at the time and that obviously shifts as more data is available. Wasn't the previous one not long after Kwarteng tanked the pound and shocked the markets? Hunt has since come in and steadied the ship.

Yes, but it's for that reason they should be taken with a pince of salt

Whether they support you're argument or not

• Members
9 hours ago, gonzo said:

Its as good as docking eachother.

'Right wingers'. What a fucking nobhead Firthy really is. No surprise that the niceties of polite discourse would be lost on a fucking deadbeat like him.

I won't ask what 'docking' means in Gonzoese. It will either be ultra perverse or will reek of crime ;)

6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Choice between continued support or Putin on your border. It’s a no brainer.

I think this view is far too simplistic. Right wing grow in times of economic crisis. Also you have a good proportion of that country that were either under Soviet rule or are more intertwined than we are. This is not good news 

15 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Choice between continued support or Putin on your border. It’s a no brainer.

I'm actually surprised it's lasted as long as it has. In the main, whilst not support Russia, I suspect most people don't really give a fuck anymore. I'll just be happier once it's over, no matter who "wins", sadly though, I suspect we've several more years of this conflict left yet. 

On 27/05/2023 at 08:31, tomski said:

Surely no one enjoys this as it clearly has a knock on effect?

Recession isn’t good anywhere and I hope it’s short lived, at least you don’t hear the europhiles shouting about it from the roof tops, unlike when the UK was wrongly predicted by the IMF that it would enter recession a couple of months back.

16 hours ago, Winchester White said:

They will bounce back once they secure their energy supplies away from Russia 

Firstly they’ve got to get this energy supply from somewhere, and they’ve massive competition on car production from China… and we all know where they are getting their cheap energy from. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Recession isn’t good anywhere and I hope it’s short lived, at least you don’t hear the europhiles shouting about it from the roof tops, unlike when the UK was wrongly predicted by the IMF that it would enter recession a couple of months back.

And if the UK enters recession will that mean they were right?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s deal in facts UK isn’t in recession… Germany is. 

Correct.

This is more a marker for later in the year.

Because the BoE are doing their best to make it happen

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Correct.

This is more a marker for later in the year.

Because the BoE are doing their best to make it happen

Our interest rates are already 1% above EU rates…. Yet our economy seems to be more resilient. Some folk on here won’t be happy about that… they usually wear yellow and blue berets. 🤣

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Our interest rates are already 1% above EU rates…. Yet our economy seems to be more resilient. Some folk on here won’t be happy about that… they usually wear yellow and blue berets. 🤣

As I say, I wouldn’t be all that comfortable